Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thought it would be nice to get to know each other abit better, only about 3 weeks to go now people fill out the thingy below

Name:
    Accommodation?:
    Firm/Insurance/Clearing?:
    Why Brunel?:
    Likes/Dislikes:
    How are you feeling?:

Name: Marie
    Course: Business and Management (marketing) bsc
    Accommodation?: Faraday hall (or "****ing faraday" as its known by students)
    Firm/Insurance/Clearing?: FIRM BABY
    Why Brunel?: good teaching and reputation for my course, CAMPUS UNI (very important for me) legendary nightlife & not too far from home :cool:
    Likes/Dislikes: likes new experiences and meeting new INTERESTING people, i luv fashion and music and looking forward to partying at uni :p: I dont hate that many things but definetly people who are rude and ignorant
    How are you feeling?: Scared as hell about moving out etc but really excited at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Josh
    Course:Law LLB
    Accomodation:St Margaret's Hall
    Firm
    Why Brunel:Got an excellence scholarship worth £3000 pa. Not a bad reputation for law and its in a nice area.
    Likes: exploring london, people who can make me a laugh and who can laugh at themselves, country music (especially kenny chesney) , watching TV and getting drunk.
    Dislikes: arrogant and stuck up people who are up their own arse. Dislike racists etc and celebrities and espec reality TV.
    How are you feeeling?
    Nervous about meeting new people and worried about the financial side but I should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Juana
    Coursesychology
    Accommodation?: still unknown!
    Firm/Insurance/Clearing?: clearing
    Why Brunel?: its in london, but not too central, its a campus uni. course seems really good with work experience. far enough from home but not too far
    Likes/Dislikes:meeting new people, im excited about meeting a variety of people, but im really not the partying type.... so i hope theres a mix of people lol clubbers and non clubbers. dont like stuck up, rude people
    How are you feeling?: vvvvvvvvvverrrrrry nervous!:p:

ReputationRep:
    A big HEY to all the Brunel Freshers!

Name:Yazmin Hussain
    Course?:english, film & TV Studies
    Accommodation:Galbraith Hall
    Firm/Insurance/Clearing:Insurance
    Why Brunel?:Good course, in London and seems like a nice place
    Likes/Dislikes:I think I'm going to like meeting new people and making friends and learning to be independent, though I am scared about leaving home!
    How are you feeling?:At this moment in time I'm excited but I know when the time to leave gets closer I'm gonna be crying my eyes out!!!

ReputationRep:
    Name:Andy O
    Course: Media and Communications
    Accommodation?: Gordon Hall
    Firm/Insurance/Clearing?: Firm!
    Why Brunel?: Not too close to home and not too far from home.. & of course the infamous nightlife!!
    Likes/Dislikes: The idea/challenge of meeting new people. Dislike= FEEEEEEEET! & stuck up people
    How are you feeling?: close to pooing myself but yet anxious to get started!!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Lee
    Course: Film & Television Studies with English
    Accommodation?: Mill Hall
    Firm/Insurance/Clearing?: Firm
    Why Brunel?: I like the area and had explored Uxbridge for many years before actually applying
    Likes/Dislikes: LIKE the opportunity to live on my own at last. DISLIKE racists, homophobes and people who set off fire alarms at 3am.
    How are you feeling?: Nervous about meeting new people, but my life can't get any worse so what's the point in fretting?

ReputationRep:
    Name: James Zildjian
    Course: Product Design / Mech Engineering
    Accommodation?: Galbraith
    Why Brunel?: Brunel is good for engineering and design with good contacts in industry, I wanted to live in the south east area so im not totally cut off from home and friends. Prefer to live in a city than the country side.
    Dislikes: Family holidays :P
    How are you feeling?: Pretty bad at the moment, but thats because I've just come out of Hospital...lol. Looking forward to Freshers.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Joel
    Course: Engineering
    Why Brunel?: Good reputation and contacts in engineering, ideal distance from home(2hours), easy to get to central london.
    Likes: Travel, meeting new people, sports, nights out and just having a good time with interesting people.
    Dislikes: Not having anything to do, liars, cauliflower cheese, moaners
    How are you feeling?: Hungover but good.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Rob
    Course: Modern Drama Studies
    Accommodation?: Lacy Hall!
    Why Brunel?: Scholarship system sounded good, nice campus, nice accommodation, great course, close to London!
    Likes: Water/ Films / Green apples (fairly random selection I know)
    Dislikes: Overly confident people (I like people to have insecurities, then they are human), cucumbers (urgh), paying my contract phone bill every month

ReputationRep:
    Name: Angelin
    Course: International Business (4 years thick sandwich)
    Accommodation: Lacy Hall
    Firm/Insurance/Clearing: Firm
    Why Brunel: Well, Brunel seems like a nice enough University, it’s a lot nicer then some universities I’ve visited, it’s not too far from home so I can go back on weekends. The £3000 scholarship sealed the deal for me really.
    Likes/Dislikes: I don’t like drinking, smoking, doing drugs but I have no problem with people who do. I like getting on with people and having a good time. I really dislike people who are too confident and people who don’t bother studying and expect to get good results, at the end of the day you’re in University to learn and do well.
    How are you feeling: I feel like I’m going to puke, but also feeling very excited.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Daniela
    Course: Multimedia Design and Technology(4 years thick sandwich)
    Accommodation: Galbraith
    Why Brunel: I went to an open day from liking their prospectus and I fell in love with the uni. Great facilities, the best multimedia course I could find with links to industries, great atmosphere, lots of shops in Uxbridge ^__^ and not too far / not to close to home.
    Likes/Dislikes: Love computing, the internet, design, anything Japan related (anime/manga/jrock ^^), rock/indie/metal music, parties, going out, being independent! I don't like rudeness or liars or homophobes/racists. I also hate fish with a passion XD
    How are you feeling: Really excited, but nervous as hell about making friends as I'm quite shy. But once I know people, I'm sure I'll be back to my normal hyper self!!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Anita/Annie
    Course: Business management and accounting
    Why Brunel?: Liked the uni when i first saw it and ive heard it has a good atmosphere, and since im usually always in uxbridge i thought it would be a good idea
    Likes/Dislikes: meeting new people, having fun, using the internet, shoppin etc, i dont like liars and rude people and racists
    How are you feeling?: quite excited

ReputationRep:
    Name: David
    Course: BA hons Sonic Arts (fancy way of saying music technology)

Accommodation?: Kilmorey Hall

Firm/Insurance/Clearing?: FIRM BABY!!

Why Brunel?: it looks like a fun vibrant uni with great facilities and people!

Likes/Dislikes: Goin to gigs , jamming with other musicians (I play guitar), having a laugh with people and just ppl who enjoy life and not take it too seriosly as we can all do that when we get to our 30's !! lol
    I hate arrogant snotty ppl, people who backchat bout others and are generally rude if I meet people like that at Brunel I will punch them!

How are you feeling?: V excited! need to finish sorting out my Student finance , but getting a 1500 quid scholarship will defo help!
    hope the neighbours at kilmorey will be able to deal with loud volumes of music!
    hope to meet every1 thats goin from here in 3 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Aslan (yes like the lion in narnia)
    Course: Economics 4 year sandwich

Accommodation?: Dunno yet gna ring em tomorrow

Firm/Insurance/Clearing?: FIRM - But now clearing due to ucas messing up my app !!

Why Brunel?: Why not? its the best uni i went to an open day for !!

Likes/Dislikes: Fun people are definately my kind of people .... Boring people are a no go !! - love takin life easy i mean why stress hehe

How are you feeling?: Nervous bout the course but very exited bout meetin new people and stayin awake havin pillow fights at 4 in the mornin lol

ReputationRep:
    Name: Tim
    Course: Motorsport Engineering
    Accommodation: Gordon Hall
    Why Brunel?: Loved IT from the second i got there, in London, great course, great staff and facilities
    Likes/Dislikes: Like to cook (Anyone in Gordon Halls, if you want a chef, i'll be more than happy to cook for you!!) Love Love Love Cars and anything automotive related, messing about with mechanical things, like to make people laugh and enjoy company of new people. dislike busy rammed clubs (feel intimidated)... not a lot else. o and i like it when it rains... :p: lol
    How are you feeling?: a bit, well very very nervous as i'm easily intimidated and i'm quite quiet at times, but i can be out going as well. excited about moving away but terrified i'm going to spend the next 5 years of my life alone...

www.myspace.com/timandmiles

thanks for reading, can't wait to meet ppl!!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Debra.
    Course: Law(Applied for a 3-yr course but will be changing it to 4-year sandwich).
    Accommodation: From home.
    Firm/Insurance/Clearing?: Firm.
    Why Brunel?: It's got this really nice welcoming-feeling to it.

Likes/Dislikes: To eat/the fact that I don't seem to put on weight
    How are you feeling?: Excited! Can't wait to start uni.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Algirdas Rutkauskas
    Course: Business economics, 4 year sandwich
    Accommodation?: Don't know yet
    Why Brunel?: Strong uni, great location
    Likes/Dislikes: Like having great parties in a back yard, communicating with others. I hate rude people, those who don't know what they want from life too.
    How are you feeling?: Totally unsure of my future life. I mean if I knew where I was gonna stay on my arriving to London it would be much easier.. But on the whole excited, hopefully studies will be more interesting here than in my home country where I was bored and simply quit after a year of studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bagass1)
    Likes/Dislikes: ...I hate...those who don't know what they want from life too.
    How are you feeling?: Totally unsure of my future life...
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahahahahaha.
    Contradiction?!

ReputationRep:
    or maybe he just hates himself?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.