i am stressed about failing my gcses

Watch
arooj_afzal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I don't why I feel as if I would fail all my gcses I am in year 10 all teacher are stressing me out i am scared l want to revise but not motived enough but i still try but don't get the best marks in my tests. l really do want good career job but i don't know if that's possible. any suggestion how to motive myself to get A*?
Rohit_Rocks10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by arooj_afzal)
I don't why I feel as if I would fail all my gcses I am in year 10 all teacher are stressing me out i am scared l want to revise but not motived enough but i still try but don't get the best marks in my tests. l really do want good career job but i don't know if that's possible. any suggestion how to motive myself to get A*?
Keep reminding yourself the fact that you need at least all C's in GCSE to get into a good uni. What subjects do you do?
arooj_afzal
Rep:
?
my options are art, design technology and history i am not really worried about the first two because i am pretty confident in myself of those subjects its just history, English and maths and science these subjects
jalby1992
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just make sure you get C's mate, all employers care about is that you got C's in GCSE, A Levels they ask about and Degree Grade. You'll be fine. My manager has no GCSE's and he earns almost £100k a yr at 28
KieranAdam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by arooj_afzal)
Hey there,

first off, if the teachers are stressing you out then you need to communicate that with them, maybe they don't realise their doing it. Or if they do then be polite but assertive and tell them that you don't need the extra pressure. Some people work well with it while others don't, you obviously don't. Secondly, I've handled a few posts that are very much in the same tone. Motivation isn't the issue here, its feelings of being overwhelmed. However you have replied to other commenters saying you're confident with some subjects. Excellent, that means you can probably spend less time with them and more with the ones you're less confident with. However, do a quick mock on the subjects you're confident on to do a double check. If you score high then great, don't focus on those subjects, go onto the others and study more on them (Read the one thing by Gary Keller, helps loads with prioritising!). Obviously go back from time to time to make sure your fine but prioritise the weak points and work on them. That should do the trick.
arooj_afzal
Rep:
?
Hello thank you so much for the advise much appreciated
jalby1992
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
oh yeah one thing I'd do if I could go back to school, for your options do what you enjoy as you will succeed and what you are good at, I really enjoyed Drama and I always got top marks, but instead I done DT as I thought it would be useful but it wasn't lol and I got a poor grade as it was boring
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.07%
No, they should still go ahead (58)
14.11%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (139)
33.82%

Watched Threads