Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

After 2.5 weeks working out at home....... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i think swimming is proven to be the best cardio actually and it uses the most muscles as i remember. Problem is there is a lack of pool in my area. Hampstead pond is either full of fat men splashing about or at the moment full of gay men and teenagers lounging about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    I would cut out the drinks for a start. Just because they are drinks doesn't mean that they are better than junk food
    1 'cheat' day i.e a pissup ... once a week is fine. Although if youre gonna cheat I wouldnt recommend alcohol, probably wont be a concern to you, but after getting pissed I lose alot of weight, think it strips your muscle of glycogen or something? Anyhow alcohol is a leech really, sucks all the goodness out of your body..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    hi, I wanna report my exercise progress plus i need some help too!

Previous Situation: I was 'just' below average build (naturally without any exercise), but during exams I have gained weight - about 3-4 extra inches around the waist!

Current Progress
    : 2.5 weeks later today, I still haven't lost that weight! I've been doing an average of 15-20 minutes of intense exercise everyday for the past 17 days, and yet i am not seeing any progress. The trouble is I really do not want to spend like hours doing exercise because that is really exhausting.

Nutrition: so far so good, I have pretty much eliminated junk food, and unnecessary fatty food. Although I am having large amounts of alcohol on Saturday nights, which is just unresistable!

I was thinking I could probably progress doing 15-20 minutes of exercise after every 1.5 hours in the day - What do you guys think? Are there any particular time plans any of you could recommend me or any particular form of exercise or strategies to lose weight around the belly?
    Do this:

10 sets of 10 press ups for a week
    5 sets of 20 press ups the next week
    2 sets of 50 press ups the next week (all every night)

Do sit ups in between to, same pattern
    Go cycling or running, running is better I've found

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    1 'cheat' day i.e a pissup ... once a week is fine. Although if youre gonna cheat I wouldnt recommend alcohol, probably wont be a concern to you, but after getting pissed I lose alot of weight, think it strips your muscle of glycogen or something? Anyhow alcohol is a leech really, sucks all the goodness out of your body..

Right on!

A piss up is one of the best things you can do...if you want to mess up your routine. Dehydrates your body, maeks it haev to work extra hadr to flush it all out, messes up your digestive system ( throwing up adn everything) you hormones and so on. And even if you do manage to train with a hangover, you're not going to get anywhere in terms of gains.

In fact, I'd strongly reccommend you don't have a cheat day. One cheat day becomes two, then three, then you end up having a cheat year. Instead just have a LITTLE treat every day.

ReputationRep:
    wow... i didnt know ukl could be so informational
    (Original post by Spider)
    Right on!

A piss up is one of the best things you can do...if you want to mess up your routine. Dehydrates your body, maeks it haev to work extra hadr to flush it all out, messes up your digestive system ( throwing up adn everything) you hormones and so on. And even if you do manage to train with a hangover, you're not going to get anywhere in terms of gains.

In fact, I'd strongly reccommend you don't have a cheat day. One cheat day becomes two, then three, then you end up having a cheat year. Instead just have a LITTLE treat every day.
    i agree with ya... if you really want to get fit and healthy... excessive alcohol consumption is definately the worst thing you can do... but if you keep the consumption levels down to only one or two drinks a week then it shouldnt present such a big problem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    hi, I wanna report my exercise progress plus i need some help too!

Previous Situation: I was 'just' below average build (naturally without any exercise), but during exams I have gained weight - about 3-4 extra inches around the waist!

Current Progress
    : 2.5 weeks later today, I still haven't lost that weight! I've been doing an average of 15-20 minutes of intense exercise everyday for the past 17 days, and yet i am not seeing any progress. The trouble is I really do not want to spend like hours doing exercise because that is really exhausting.

Nutrition: so far so good, I have pretty much eliminated junk food, and unnecessary fatty food. Although I am having large amounts of alcohol on Saturday nights, which is just unresistable!

I was thinking I could probably progress doing 15-20 minutes of exercise after every 1.5 hours in the day - What do you guys think? Are there any particular time plans any of you could recommend me or any particular form of exercise or strategies to lose weight around the belly?
    dunno if this has been said, but, try STEP AEROBICS they are really effective at burning fat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahgo)
    go get some books on body building (sounds hilarious) and follow what they say in there.
    y hilarious, its all about arnold schwarzeneggers encylopedia of modern day bodybuilding JACK!

ReputationRep:
    For toning your stomach, combine swimming (as your cardio exercise to burn fat) with a pilates move called the roll up (for toning). To start with, the roll up will be complete agony if you are a beginner but within a few weeks the results will be amazing, so it is well worth trying and persevering with!! Good luck!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    For toning your stomach, combine swimming (as your cardio exercise to burn fat) with a pilates move called the roll up (for toning). To start with, the roll up will be complete agony if you are a beginner but within a few weeks the results will be amazing, so it is well worth trying and persevering with!! Good luck!!

Lou
    xxx
    To get a toned stomach you need to lose the blubber thats over the top of your abs. Simply as

ReputationRep:
    Run, run, run, run, run, run, run.

Try to do 3-6 miles 3-4 times a week.

Follow this up with pressups / pec dec / bench press but make sure that you do them properly. Also do situps.

Running is probably the best way to lose excess fat although diet counts for alot too.

I allow myself 1 night a week on the beer, rarley eat chocolate and other snacks. You can eat pretty much what you want aslong as you stick to 3 meals a day and dont snack a the exercise that you do will be burning it all off.

ReputationRep:
    hey, I usually drink water but I have tried drinking Sunny Delight after my work out, is that a good thing to do? I know you should steer clear from canned drinks but how about Sunny D?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ResidentEvil]hey, I usually drink water but I have tried drinking Sunny Delight after my work out, is that a good thing to do? I know you should steer clear from canned drinks but how about Sunny D?[/QUOTE

shoot for some milk or hennessy

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.