Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys is there a way to change the accomodation given to you by the uni other than going to one of those private companies like UNITE? Ive been given a place in a hall which allows smoking etc which i really dont want...is there any point in ringing up the accomodation office? Does anyone know what the next best thing after the New Hall is?

ReputationRep:
    you'll have to ring them and ask, but more than likely they'll say we cnt do anything about it yet, as they're usually booked until after everyone moves in then they know who hasnt turned up etc etc so they know wot spaces are left..

try calling them, they might just have something available.. i think most halls allow smoking but not on the premisis since the law came in, so everyone will either smoke in their own room or outside

ReputationRep:
    thanks for help!

ReputationRep:
    They put me in a smoking hall - the whole hall was the complete opposite to what I had asked for. I put it down to sending my application off later than most (week after I got it) - it usually means they've filled all / the majority of other rooms (tho you may be able to 'upgrade' to something more expensive).

Anyway, it wasn't too much of a problem - I ended up in a house where no one actually smoked (I think the Uni deliberately put us all together as a solution to none of us wanting a smoking hall). Now that the smoking laws are into effect, the Hall bar being smokey won't be an issue now.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.