On the student finance website... Watch

andrewm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
...where do I enter my parents income, if I am being income-assessed? I've clicked support an applicant bu nothing happens.

Thanks
coldwind
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you have chosen for your parents to support your application electronically then they should get their own Art Id (usually via email) which they use to create their own account.

They have to log in and chose the "Support An Application" option.

You should have been given an Alias ID when you sent off your application

Your parents use this Alias ID to link their application with yours

It is done through their own accounts and not yours

Hope this helps
andrewm
Rep:
?
(Original post by onlya)
If you have chosen for your parents to support your application electronically then they should get their own Art Id (usually via email) which they use to create their own account.

They have to log in and chose the "Support An Application" option.

You should have been given an Alias ID when you sent off your application

Your parents use this Alias ID to link their application with yours

It is done through their own accounts and not yours

Hope this helps
does that mean my parents will have to register in order for them to support my application. BTW i have been given thier alias no. when i finished my application. what next :confused:
coldwind
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
[QUOTE=andrewm]does that mean my parents will have to register in order for them to support my application. BTW i have been given thier alias no. when i finished my application. what next :confused:[/QUOTE

1. Yep they have to register for their own account, but you can do it for them if that's what you mean, you just need their personal details, it doesn't take long

2. Once your parents have their own account and have clicked on the "Support an Application" link they are asked to add a student to support (you).

They then enter the Alias Id, and your dod. This means that the system knows that your application is supported by your parents.
Then it asks for financial info etc

BTW why are you applying so late?
andrewm
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=onlya]
(Original post by andrewm)
does that mean my parents will have to register in order for them to support my application. BTW i have been given thier alias no. when i finished my application. what next :confused:[/QUOTE

1. Yep they have to register for their own account, but you can do it for them if that's what you mean, you just need their personal details, it doesn't take long

2. Once your parents have their own account and have clicked on the "Support an Application" link they are asked to add a student to support (you).

They then enter the Alias Id, and your dod. This means that the system knows that your application is supported by your parents.
Then it asks for financial info etc

BTW why are you applying so late?
when i register on behalf of my parents, does it matter if i register in myfathers name or mothers, as it has place for only one.
i wasn't so sure i wanted to go to uni, and then i decided last minute.
coldwind
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
[QUOTE=andrewm]
(Original post by onlya)
when i register on behalf of my parents, does it matter if i register in myfathers name or mothers, as it has place for only one.
i wasn't so sure i wanted to go to uni, and then i decided last minute.
Oh I see, good luck with that, you must be really busy

Anyway, erm, I only live with my mother so only had register one parent, but I think that each parent has their own account. I'm not really sure on this one though. You could check on the information part of the studentfinance website...
andrewm
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=onlya]
(Original post by andrewm)

Oh I see, good luck with that, you must be really busy

Anyway, erm, I only live with my mother so only had register one parent, but I think that each parent has their own account. I'm not really sure on this one though. You could check on the information part of the studentfinance website...
you've been really helpful, thanks a million
coldwind
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It kinda implies in the link below (on studentfinancedirect) that each parent has their own account:

http://www.studentsupportdirect.co.u...ma=PROTOCOL#Q9

Take a look, it's quite useful

Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads