Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I only got 3 weeks work experience at a mixed vets, 1 lambing, 2 dairy, 3 years stables, 2years dog walking, 2 years RSPCA, which uni would be easyest to get into?

ReputationRep:
    I would never think of it in terms as which is the easiest university to get in to. On the big bible of work experience me and tiny tiger posted what the uni's themselves have posted in their prospectuses.

By the by, you live in Lancashire, can I ask where? Because I live near preston/

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to pick your University on which one it's easiest to get into with such and such a work experience.
    Go to the Open Days, check out the websites and Prospectus, and contact them, try and visit the areas too. Base your decision on where you feel comfortable, happy and where the staff are most helpful.
    I went to Edinburgh as it would have been great, an hour on the train away from me, but I hated the city! (Dont know why, just strong instinct) on my tour of Vet Schools I went to Nottingham and was just :eek: an awesome place, the staff were really patient and helpful as were the students, and it just felt like the place I would fit in.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou. It's not that I'm really worried about my work experience Lucy, but rather I'm looking into stuff, so when the time comes to apply I'm ready and I can garentee that I have a good chance of getting an offer at least somewhere, and emuron I live IN Preston, in Cottam.
    Thanks again guys, you are sooo kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future African game vet)
    thankyou. It's not that I'm really worried about my work experience Lucy, but rather I'm looking into stuff, so when the time comes to apply I'm ready and I can garentee that I have a good chance of getting an offer at least somewhere, and emuron I live IN Preston, in Cottam.
    Thanks again guys, you are sooo kind.
    Wow its a small world indeed.

I'm Aaron and I live in the surround villages (Kirkham) which is basically farm land, roughtly 10 minutes from Preston.

Good luck with your application for next year (well this year but you know what I mean). Hopefully I might be seeing you at the RVC next year.

ReputationRep:
    Like everyone else has said.

You've seriously got enough work experience for any of them, and don't think about which is easiest to get in. You have to stay there for 5-6 years, so if you find out you hate the Uni only when you get there, you're stuck.

Just visit the Unis, check out the accomodation and obviously the city to make your choice. You have a great chance of getting an offer anywhere as long as you get the right grades!

:]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 27, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.