History GCSE Advice Needed!

Watch this thread
LittleFlowrs
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So, I'm aware that my year 11 GCSEs are 6 months away (basically half a year), but I'm just the type of person who always wants to prepare in advance - especially in History.

History is my worst subject (other than Spanish) that I'm coping with (We're currently learning about Nazi Germany having finished Medicine Through Time in year 10). I'm absolutely fine with learning and memorising the majority of the content, well enough of it to make me able to answer practice exam papers.

However... In all the mocks that we do I'm receiving Ds/Cs and I really want to improve that greatly by the time May comes around, I'd like to at least conquer a B. I've figured it's exam style/technique (AND SPECIALLY TIME ded, omgaush I always run out of timee) and basically answering the question which makes me lose marks.

So, I was wondering if anybody had any exam style/technique-answering-tips and advice related to timing?
username2803872
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LittleFlowrs)
So, I'm aware that my year 11 GCSEs are 6 months away (basically half a year), but I'm just the type of person who always wants to prepare in advance - especially in History.

History is my worst subject (other than Spanish) that I'm coping with (We're currently learning about Nazi Germany having finished Medicine Through Time in year 10). I'm absolutely fine with learning and memorising the majority of the content, well enough of it to make me able to answer practice exam papers.

However... In all the mocks that we do I'm receiving Ds/Cs and I really want to improve that greatly by the time May comes around, I'd like to at least conquer a B. I've figured it's exam style/technique (AND SPECIALLY TIME ded, omgaush I always run out of timee) and basically answering the question which makes me lose marks.

So, I was wondering if anybody had any exam style/technique-answering-tips and advice related to timing?
I have the exact same problems but I've heard all you have to do is just keep practicing until you improve as you say you already know the content so just master answering the questions

Good Luck
Txhmid
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
if you need help with nazi germany im the guy to ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (41)
15.83%
The paper was reasonable (131)
50.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (64)
24.71%
It was TERRIBLE (23)
8.88%

Watched Threads