The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Please help - Would I be made to leave?!?

Hi,

So there's a chance I might have to go to an psych. inpatient ward for some point next year. Hopefully only for a few weeks - maybe three weeks at most but probably less.

Just from people's experience - do you think I would have to leave university if this happened? Or could I maybe carry on my course in hospital? Or even just catch up once I got back?

Reply 1
Original post by MozForever
Hi,

So there's a chance I might have to go to an psych. inpatient ward for some point next year. Hopefully only for a few weeks - maybe three weeks at most but probably less.

Just from people's experience - do you think I would have to leave university if this happened? Or could I maybe carry on my course in hospital? Or even just catch up once I got back?

Speak to your tutor and discuss your options. They won't make you leave, but it does depend on the timings as to how awkward it will be - if you're in hospital over some of the holiday period you'll be missing less work, but if it's over exam period it might be difficult to make arrangements so you might have to do those in the resit period (although it wouldn't be counted as a resit but your first attempt).

You might prefer to defer until next year so that you have time to recover. The uni might offer this to you, so think about how you'd feel about it so you know whether it's something you want. You'd leave uni now and start again in September - although you may be able to keep some of your marks from this year if you've done well in anything.
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest