The Student Room Group

Cie a level history

Does anyone here do CIE A level History?
Me, I'm going to start studying in a few days but I only get 45 minutes a week. I Wanted to take American history but no one could teach, so ended up choosing international history instead.
Original post by Jenblankz
Me, I'm going to start studying in a few days but I only get 45 minutes a week. I Wanted to take American history but no one could teach, so ended up choosing international history instead.

Where do you get your text books and study materials etc from?
My teacher have ppts and next week I will be going to Singapore to shop for text books.. I got an online pdf but it is not really complete but if you want the link I can give you (international history) . Maybe if you find rhe book okay you can buy it. Also, he asked me to do past papers (I haven't done any though since I'm taking the exam on oct/nov session next year.
Original post by Mariaairfan
Where do you get your text books and study materials etc from?
My teacher have ppts and next week I will be going to Singapore to shop for text books.. I got an online pdf but it is not really complete but if you want the link I can give you (international history) . Maybe if you find rhe book okay you can buy it. Also, he asked me to do past papers (I haven't done any though since I'm taking the exam on oct/nov session next year.

I'm also sitting the exam in the oct/Nov session. it's just that I'm self studying it and I can't find textbooks. what other topics are you doing? I'm doing History of the USA, Holocaust an interational relations
I'm not too sure yet.. I'm learning quite slow.. In paper 1,I'm taking international option and paper 2, international relations. My first teacher only covered topic scrambled for Africa while my other teacher taught me world war 1 only. Last year, I learned cold war with my previous teacher.
That's quite little I guess...
I'm also sitting the exam in the oct/Nov session. it's just that I'm self studying it and I can't find textbooks. what other topics are you doing? I'm doing History of the USA, Holocaust an interational relations
Does anyone here do CIE A level History?

Took American history for AS, dropped it this year because I got horribly in the exams even though I got A for IGCSE. lol
Where are you from? How many AS and A levels are you taking?
You are definitely scaring the hell out of me. :frown:
Original post by robbiesage
Took American history for AS, dropped it this year because I got horribly in the exams even though I got A for IGCSE. lol
You are definitely scaring the hell out of me. :frown:

From Thailand. :smile: To be fair, I took 5 AS levels instead of 4 so maybe it impacted my history grades a bit. I've seen the standards booklet like one month before the exams since my teacher had no idea about it and for the whole year he had been super lenient on my essays. Little did I know that what I was writing doesn't even COMPARE to the A grade essays CIE was looking for. If you want it, I'd suggest you go to search 'oandalevel papers' and request them for it (that's how I did it).

HIstory is a tough subject at A level because the resources for CIE history is so damn limited! The CIE endorsed ones are way too basic and do not give us all the details we need to get an A (in my opinion). My teacher forced us to take the American history one (I had no clue about it since I studied international history at IGCSE). If I had taken international history I would've done better because I would've had the knowledge from IGCSE already....
Haha I understand those kind of teachers... I am lucky though I got a good one I mean like someone got a best learners award or something. I despise history soso much but I sort of need it so I guess I need to study hard
Original post by robbiesage
From Thailand. :smile: To be fair, I took 5 AS levels instead of 4 so maybe it impacted my history grades a bit. I've seen the standards booklet like one month before the exams since my teacher had no idea about it and for the whole year he had been super lenient on my essays. Little did I know that what I was writing doesn't even COMPARE to the A grade essays CIE was looking for. If you want it, I'd suggest you go to search 'oandalevel papers' and request them for it (that's how I did it).

HIstory is a tough subject at A level because the resources for CIE history is so damn limited! The CIE endorsed ones are way too basic and do not give us all the details we need to get an A (in my opinion). My teacher forced us to take the American history one (I had no clue about it since I studied international history at IGCSE). If I had taken international history I would've done better because I would've had the knowledge from IGCSE already....

can i please have the link to the pdf?

Quick Reply