The Student Room Group

Senior EU offical daughter raped and murdered by migrant Germany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariachi
blaming victims in this way is just one (very small) step away from "well, she was asking for it"

She wasn't "asking" to be murdered but she may have been naive to the danger. We really don't know although it is plausible.

the EU is what National Governments make out of it.

National Government's talk about being "good Europeans" whilst trying to promote their own narrow national interest at everyone else's expense. The EU is just hypocritical bs. Rotten to the core. No-one believes in it any more, even those still with their snouts in the trough. .

In fact, the EU has no actual migration policy worth mentioning (at least for extra-EU immigration), and Members States' governments pretty much do what they want

Having no policy is a policy.
Reply 141
Original post by blah3210
And yet the police were able to identity the ethnic backgrounds of the criminals involved in the vast majority of the cases; if they were all claiming to be Syrian refugees, how did the police identity them as mostly Moroccans and Algerians? In fact, if a significant number of these criminals did claim to be Syrians/Afgans, the latter are still committing disproportionately less crime than a) the general populace and b) North African migrants, making your case against intake of genuine refugees even weaker.

The police were able to identify the ethnic background of those who have been arrested only. Considering that there were about 500 complains and potentially 2000 victims in Cologne alone, we can guess that there were several hundreds if not thousands involved, but only about a hundred have been arrested. The vast majority of the culprits are still free.

Among those arrested, there were principally North Africans (but also some refugees that had just arrived from Syria/Afghanistan), possibly because they were in Germany for some time and the police knew them, whilst they couldn't possibly identify the Syrians that had just arrived and were living in refugee shelters hosting hundreds of them.

You cannot claim that the "genuine refugees" commit less crimes, simply because we don't know who they are exactly. We don't even know how many real Syrians have entered the EU. We just know that they belong to a wider group of people that have entered Germany and the EU without background check, and it appears that this group commit a disproportionate amount of sexual crimes -- surprisingly.

No, we really don't. Don't be absurd. If it were so difficult to discern between the groups, we wouldn't be able to tell with confidence the percentages of different ethnic groups involved in the sex offenses. The "argument from rape wave" against the migrants/refugees, which is nothing more than a cheap appeal to emotion, looks at the recent sexual crimes committed by primarily Algerians and Moroccans, and then generalises it to imply that genuine refugees from Syria/Afghanistan etc should not be accepted either.

Essentially, your disingenuous interpretation of statistics legitimises the abhorrent "they're all the same, keep them all out" view, which has been expressed numerous times in this very thread already. We even had one moron ranting about black people and crime in London!

Do you have rape statistics by ethnicity?

I do think that nobody from outside the EU should be able to enter a country without serious vetting.

Who are "them"? Syrian refugees? Afghan refugees? Algerian and Moroccan migrants? Or are they all just "brown Muslims" for you?

Anybody that Germany has blindly accepted over the years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aeroline1999
So the migrant rape wave doesn't count as evidence for refugees causing chaos in Europe does it?

I know it must be hard to distinguish between different groups of brown people, but the "migrant rape wave" has nothing to do with SYRIAN refugees. In fact Syrian refugees tend to be less conservative, and more easily assimilated than the Deobandi/salafi-influenced Muslims born and raised in Europe.

The fact liberals can be so blind to reality is frankly astonishing.

Use of a buzzword? Check.
Irony? Check.
Lack of substance? Check.
Original post by Josb
The police were able to identify the ethnic background of those who have been arrested only. Considering that there were about 500 complains and potentially 2000 victims in Cologne alone, we can guess that there were several hundreds if not thousands involved, but only about a hundred have been arrested. The vast majority of the culprits are still free.

Among those arrested, there were principally North Africans (but also some refugees that had just arrived from Syria/Afghanistan)

So the majority of the offenders would have been North Africans, not Syrians and Afghans who have a more genuine claim to asylum than the North Africans. Great, that's what I've been saying.

possibly because they were in Germany for some time and the police knew them,

So again, not much to do with the recent migrant crisis whereby Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis form the bulk of the migrant/refugee population. The North Africans who had been living in Germany for a while, many of whom are illegal immigrants, decided to organise the Cologne attacks on social media, and that somehow is supposed to give credence to the argument that Syrian and Afghan refugees should also not be allowed in.

Original post by Spheniscidae2039
You mean white men.

No I mean White women, White men are the scapegoats of society.
Reply 145
So the majority of the offenders would have been North Africans, not Syrians and Afghans who have a more genuine claim to asylum than the North Africans. Great, that's what I've been saying.

I've never said that.

You have arranged my quote to suit your argumentation. It's not the first time you do this and it's annoying.

So again, not much to do with the recent migrant crisis whereby Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis form the bulk of the migrant/refugee population. The North Africans who had been living in Germany for a while, many of whom are illegal immigrants, decided to organise the Cologne attacks on social media, and that somehow is supposed to give credence to the argument that Syrian and Afghan refugees should also not be allowed in.

Because Syrian and Afghans were also involved in the attacks. Most of those caught were North Africans, simply because they were already known by the police.

Of course we can.

How exactly? Unless you can tell me the number of "genuine refugees"?

We know the majority of those who have entered the EU are Syrians; we don't have to know the exact numbers. And as I pointed out, this doesn't even support your argument.

No we don't know that. Many people from Northern Africa and Western Asia have claimed to be Syrian to be let in.

This is not only false, but perpetuates harmful bigotry of the sort we've already seen in this thread when we start overgeneralisation to suit a more overarching, anti-migrant agenda.

How is it false exactly?

The statistics you provided logically imply what I've said.

Not at all. I see that you don't have such stats.

I can certainly agree with that, though I'm not sure I agree with your blasphemy test in the context of migration to USA.

"Blasphemy test"?

Does that include Serbians, Kosovars and Macedonians who commit disproportionate amount of crime relative to Syrians and Afghans?

Yes, it includes them as well, but you have no way to claim that they commit disproportionate amount of crime relative to Syrians and Afghans, because such ethnic stats don't exist. I would like to see crime stats by nationality.
wow, it's just like the ending scene of the boy in the striped pyjamas...
In other words, no statistical evidence.

No s*** Afghanistan is an awful place in terms of women's rights now. Blame the Taliban, and of course our initial meddling and funding theoreof for that.

Sorry about that, i will just ask the Taliban for their yearly statistics :colonhash:

I am sure they are in line with western countries if not lower due to the strict shariah in place :colonhash:
Original post by l'etranger
No I mean White women, White men are the scapegoats of society.

lol. We're on a thread about a man raping a woman, and men are still somehow the victims. There is no male accountability.
Original post by astutehirstute
The EU is just hypocritical bs. Rotten to the core. No-one believes in it any more,.
If you believe this, IMHO you have a very, very faint grasp of political realities. Millions and millions of people (including almost half of the UK) believe in European integration, and support the European Union.

What is true, is that euroscepticism has increased in the last few years, but that's entirely a different issue (and results of e.g. the Austrian presidential election would point the other way)

best
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you dense or just another disingenuous troll? I know it must be hard for your ignorant self etc etc.
you seem to think that insulting people somehow reinforces your arguments or adds to the discussion

well, you're wrong

best
If you believe this, IMHO you have a very, very faint grasp of political realities. Millions and millions of people (including almost half of the UK) believe in European integration, and support the European Union.

What is true, is that euroscepticism has increased in the last few years, but that's entirely a different issue (and results of e.g. the Austrian presidential election would point the other way)

best

No, you don't grasp the political realities.

The Euro has destroyed the Greek and Italian economies, leaving them with eye watering and unsustainable debt loads and society destroying levels of unemployment.

It is only a matter of time before the chickens come home to roost and the single currency collapses and with it the EU (unfortunately, because it will affect us too, even though we had the good sense never to join the Euro and to leave the whole sinking ship now).

No point arguing now, just watch events unfold and remember I told you.
Original post by Spheniscidae2039
lol. We're on a thread about a man raping a woman, and men are still somehow the victims. There is no male accountability.

If White women were not a protected class this wouldn't have made the news.

best

LOL they pont the other way? Hofer the previously unimaginable candidate has only lost the election by a few percentage points. He got over 40% of the votes. That's not 'pointing the other way', that's a clear sign that people don't like the EU's ******** and that if the Greens keep on with this policy of importing rapists into the country, Hofer will win the next election.
Are you dense or just another disingenuous troll? I know it must be hard for your ignorant self to distinguish between different groups of brown people, but the "migrant rape wave" has nothing to do with SYRIAN refugees. In fact Syrian refugees tend to be less conservative, and more easily assimilated than the Deobandi/salafi-influenced Muslims born and raised in Europe.

inb4 meh they're all brown

Use of a buzzword? Check.
Irony? Check.
Lack of substance? Check.

Dunno if you noticed, but I never once mentioned Syrians or race.

Condescending liberal? Check.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by astutehirstute
No, you don't grasp the political realities.

The Euro has destroyed the Greek and Italian economies, leaving them with eye watering and unsustainable debt loads and society destroying levels of unemployment.

It is only a matter of time before the chickens come home to roost and the single currency collapses and with it the EU (unfortunately, because it will affect us too, even though we had the good sense never to join the Euro and to leave the whole sinking ship now).

No point arguing now, just watch events unfold and remember I told you.

Marine Le Pen aka Frexit will happen even before the single currency has an oportunity to collapse, the EU is finished next year!

I cannot wait for the de-islamisation.

2017 is gonna be a good year for Europe.

best

People aren't against European integration, they are against the feckless incompetent leftist dictatorship of the EU and its leaders allowing millions of non-European migrants into the continent putting at risk fundamental European values of democracy, freedom, secularism, equality and free speech. Problem is not Europe, the problem is Europe's leaders who do not act in the interests of their people. Hence why the right-wing parties are becoming more popular, as they seem to be the last people pretending to care about Europeans rather than seeking mindless population growth through immigration for reasons beyond any real comprehension.
Seems like a lot of victim blaming going on. It is unfortunate that this young girl was attacked, particularly when she set out to do good by those migrants fleeing war. It is also unfortunate when many more women are attacked every single day. The perpetrator of this particular attack happened to be a migrant, but lets not pretend that sexual assault and rape is a crime only committed by migrants. This is an issue that plagues every state on the planet, regardless of colour or creed.

More must be done to educate men who have a superiority complex. And, to be clear, I specifically say men because an overwhelming number of perpetrators of such crimes are male, whilst victims can be male, female and everything in between.
Every time i hear the word "refugee" used to describe these people it makes my blood boil. The wiki definition of a refugee is as follows "a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster" which doesn't really describe accurately the bulk of new arrivals in to Germany or the rest of Western Europe because a refugee would be grateful for the first safe haven they could find. Just look at a map and you will see there is no direct route between the countries they are coming from and the countries they are settling in. This means they have had to pass through numerous safe but less wealthy European countries to get to places like Germany which makes them nothing more than an economic migrant. And the reason is obvious, they want to go to richer countries. A refugee would be happy to settle anywhere they could shelter from war. They don`t pick and choose based on countries that will give them favorable benefits allowances and free healthcare. People need to stop calling these people refugees and recognise them for what they actually are. Also anyone notice how most of the so called refugees are able bodied young men? Make of that what you will.
Original post by Sam1999__
Every time i hear the word "refugee" used to describe these people it makes my blood boil. The wiki definition of a refugee is as follows "a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster" which doesn't really describe accurately the bulk of new arrivals in to Germany or the rest of Western Europe because a refugee would be grateful for the first safe haven they could find. Just look at a map and you will see there is no direct route between the countries they are coming from and the countries they are settling in. This means they have had to pass through numerous safe but less wealthy European countries to get to places like Germany which makes them nothing more than an economic migrant. And the reason is obvious, they want to go to richer countries. A refugee would be happy to settle anywhere they could shelter from war. They don`t pick and choose based on countries that will give them favorable benefits allowances and free healthcare. People need to stop calling these people refugees and recognise them for what they actually are. Also anyone notice how most of the so called refugees are able bodied young men? Make of that what you will.

Exactly. They demanded to be transported from Hungary to Germany and they refused to cooperate and get documented in Hungary, and then these idiotic rape apologists and multicultural communists are criticising Hungary for following the rule of law and not letting an entire continent descend into chaos and anarchism because they want to live in Syria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending