The Student Room Group

GCSE Points score thread

i needed to work out my GCSE points when i got my results for some reason to do with the sixth form i applied 2 :s-smilie: haha, im bored so i thought i'd start a thread for everyone 2 post their points score lol feel free to close if ya think it's pointless its just a bit of fun :smile:

A*'s are worth 8
A's worth 7
B's worth 6
C's worth 5
D's worth 4
E's worth 3
F's worth 2
G's worth 1

to work out the points score take each of your GCSE subjects and add up the score from your grades using the points system now divide the total number of points by the number of subjects you are/have taken to give your average GCSE score.

e.g mine = ((8*3)+(7*3)+(6*6)) / 8 = 10.1 (or round about there lol) (<- WRONG :tongue:)
mine is ACTUALLY 24+21+36/12 = 6.75

Scroll to see replies

Cool i'm first: ((8*4)+(7*5)) / 9 = 7.4 :smile:

Btw Terazzio, i think you've made a mistake counting ur average score. You have to divide ur sum by the total number of GCSE's, not just the subjects, if that makes sense. So yours would be ((8*3)+(7*3)+(6*6)) / 12 = 6.75 :smile:
Im confused - did you get 3A*3A and 6Bs?
Reply 3
((8*5)+(7*2)+6+5)/9 = 7.22222...

It sounds like I've done awful when you put it like that xD
Reply 4
[(10 * 8) + (3 * 7)] = 7.8 ish

BTW. Why did you only divide yours by 7 =S Looks like you got 12 grades to me.
Reply 5
savushkinruinedmylife
Im confused - did you get 3A*3A and 6Bs?

me? yeah
another poster? dunno haha
Reply 6
Terazzio
i needed to work out my GCSE points when i got my results for some reason to do with the sixth form i applied 2 :s-smilie: haha, im bored so i thought i'd start a thread for everyone 2 post their points score lol feel free to close if ya think it's pointless its just a bit of fun :smile:

A*'s are worth 8
A's worth 7
B's worth 6
C's worth 5
D's worth 4
E's worth 3
F's worth 2
G's worth 1

to work out the points score take each of your GCSE subjects and add up the score from your grades using the points system now divide the total number of points by the number of subjects you are/have taken to give your average GCSE score. (I.T GNVQ/Double sci = One Subject)

e.g mine = ((8*3)+(7*3)+(6*6)) / 8 = 10.1 (or round about there lol)

Lol, the maximum average point you can get is 8 :p:

Therefore, wouldn't yours be: 6.75 :wink:
Reply 7
Terazzio
me? yeah
another poster? dunno haha

They meant you, because you divided your score by 7 not 12 for some reason.
yeah, terrazio, you didnt divide yours by the correct number then.

Nobody could have an average greater than 8, so if you do, you've made a mistake.
Reply 9
Faiza.
Lol, the maximum average point you can get is 8 :p:

Therefore, wouldn't yours be: 6.75 :wink:

probably haha i get things wrong a lot, either that or the site i used got i wrong..oh i dunno my head hurts now haha

EDIT - 6.75 is right hahaha no wonder i only got a B in maths..good job i finally found the right one I have to give these points in on the first day of term
Reply 10
They said that IT and Double Science count as 1 subject

EDIT: Don't listen to me, I'm being silly =p
Reply 11
Terazzio

A*'s are worth 8
A's worth 7
B's worth 6
C's worth 5
D's worth 4
E's worth 3
F's worth 2
G's worth 1

to work out the points score take each of your GCSE subjects and add up the score from your grades using the points system now divide the total number of points by the number of subjects you are/have taken to give your average GCSE score. (I.T GNVQ/Double sci = One Subject)

e.g mine = ((8*3)+(7*3)+(6*6)) / 8 = 10.1 (or round about there lol)

Should be divided by 12 if you get 4 grades for IT. Since you included the 4 IT grades in your addition, but not your division.
Reply 12
Terazzio
probably haha i get things wrong a lot, either that or the site i used got i wrong..oh i dunno my head hurts now haha

Lol..

6.75 is still good :smile:
Daniel77
((8*5)+(7*2)+6+5)/8 = 8.125

It sounds like I've done awful when you put it like that xD

no it doesn't, because that score would mean you got more than all A*s.

You should have divided by 9, not 8
Reply 14
Edited it :smile:
Reply 15
Yeah

You don't divide it by how many subjects you've done, but by how many grades you've got.
but if they count them as one subject in your denominator, they should only count as one subject in your numerator, otherwise that ould be unfair to those who didnt do double sci, or the IT thing
8.0 :proud:
calcium878
8.0 :proud:

Straight A*'s i take it? :wink:
Reply 19

Latest