Report 3 years ago
Not that i know of.
Teenaging
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, Dellboy10.

What makes you ask? They normally just send it to you in the post.
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Teenaging)
Hi, Dellboy10.

What makes you ask? They normally just send it to you in the post.
Given that you can attend the Passport Office and get a fast track passport it's not that far a jump to think that Swansea has a front counter ...

DVLA used to have loads of front counters all round the country , not for collecting driving licences but for all sorts of things to do with taxing and registering vehicles ... but they had all the forms for drivign licences and would take completed applications and send them in their daily secure document run to Swansae
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zippyRN)
Givne that you can attend the Passport Office and get a fast track passport itl;s not that far a jump to think that Swansea has a front counter ...
The DVLA isn't the passport office; it does NOT have a front counter for collecting a licence...
Laomedeia
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
The DVLA isn't the passport office; it does NOT have a front counter for collecting a licence...
So what does it have then?

Also is it the Swansea in a place called Wales? That would be a bit of a trek wouldnt it? Better off waiting for it in the post.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Laomedeia)

Also is it the Swansea in a place called Wales? That would be a bit of a trek wouldnt it? Better off waiting for it in the post.
Licences cannot be removed from the production line to be picked up; they are manufactured and posted as part of the same process. No exceptions.
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
do you have a problem with basic comprehension ... ?

do you have SPLD ?

as i stated , if you bothered to read beyond the first sentance, the DVLA used to have a front counter service in local offices all over the country, but that wasn;t for Driving Licence services ( beyond form supply and accepting completed form to be sent to swansea by their secure mail ) instead it was was vehicle licencing stuff.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
zippyRN is quite right - there used to be regional DVLA offices all over the place, for vehicle registration and tax enquiries. They've mostly all gone now, I think. So, dellboy10 you'll have to wait for it in the post, I'm afraid - DVLA Swansea has no counter service and does not accept personal callers.
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Laomedeia)

the DVLA has never offered a counter service for Driving licences - it;s always been transacted by post primarily - although recently some on line services have become available and you used to be able to drop paperowrk that needed to go to Swansea at the local offices and it would be sent with their courier stuff

the DVLA used to have local offices which were primarily to deal with vehicle licencing stuff inc. changing tax class, numberplate transfers, new registrations etc

the DVLA itself has a large premises in Swansea , this is where all their data processing is done and where their management are based.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zippyRN)
do you have a problem with basic comprehension ... ?

do you have SPLD ?

as i stated , if you bothered to read beyond the first sentance, the DVLA used to have a front counter service in local offices all over the country, but that wasn;t for Driving Licence services ( beyond form supply and accepting completed form to be sent to swansea by their secure mail ) instead it was was vehicle licencing stuff.
Oh honey, your blatant attempts at aggression are only made more embarrassing by the severe issues you've got with spelling. Alas, your first sentence made it seem as though it were still possible for a desk in Swansea to be open for the same day service. I'm quite aware that it used to be a thing, and even more so that it no longer exists.

Calm your proverbial tits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (114)
25.85%
Better than expected (92)
20.86%
Worse than expected (235)
53.29%

Watched Threads