Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I Can't Open Nothing E.g. Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, And So On. When I Try To Open A Document A Message Comes Up File Conversion. #

Any Suggestions How To Fix This Problem.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried opening Word then go to file then open and open the document that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J+N+B+J)
    I Can't Open Nothing E.g. Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, And So On. When I Try To Open A Document A Message Comes Up File Conversion. #

Any Suggestions How To Fix This Problem.
    If you can not open nothing, then you can open something, right?
    So what's the problem?
    What's up with the capital letters?

ReputationRep:
    Have you just installed Open Office or Office 2007 by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by files conversion? Take a screen shot and post it here

ReputationRep:
    i can't paste the screen

ReputationRep:
    you now how to, right?

press print screen, open paint, go edit>paste, then save the image and upload it somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    This is what i get when i open a file, no readable text just this coding. This is file conversion text.

hØ Ñ[email protected] tØ ê■ î■ %[email protected] Å[email protected] İ■ hØ hØ ╚_ áØ i, ö¡ [email protected] tØ Ç Í**¯À╦à J┘{ ûËÃ ï¹ và L #  Negligent.doc doc rk.doc N.doc r i.doc oc AUR KO HUDA KERE WHO B YAAD KERE KISI AUR KO.doc DBY F Ê├ @ Ó └ Êu█è ÙÈ É P »¥ Ó Ó¥ PB ïÌ¡¡P¡ù▓ÇñÂÇ s¨3╔ s 3└ s!ÂÇANEGLIG~1.DOC ×vN ÷â┘ u

ReputationRep:
    any suggestion

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, I don't get what you mean when you say a file conversion comes up.
    Just press printscreen, go to paint, paste it, then upload it here.

Let us see the error message or what ever you get.

ReputationRep:
    I assume he is refering to the file conversion screen that comes up when Word tries to open a file in an unknown format.

Something like this AFAIK
    http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...OpeninWord.gif

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats rite, click the above link the one slugonamission gave. thats the one am getting when i try to open a file.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have said reinstall office, but since it happens to all the formats its more likely to be either a virus/malware, or the disk is corrupt.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.