How are you planning on getting your preferred degree grade? Watch

ellai17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm aiming to get a high 2.1 (although I do sometimes struggle with motivation and I'm definitely aiming high) but I'm just wondering what others are hoping to achieve and how they are studying to get it?

(I know each degree's different and I'm not comparing myself to others or looking at others to know how much work I should be doing, I just simply like hearing how people study and how they personally fit it into their daily uni life)
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ellai17)
So I'm aiming to get a high 2.1 (although I do sometimes struggle with motivation and I'm definitely aiming high) but I'm just wondering what others are hoping to achieve and how they are studying to get it?

(I know each degree's different and I'm not comparing myself to others or looking at others to know how much work I should be doing, I just simply like hearing how people study and how they personally fit it into their daily uni life)
Studying

Posted from TSR Mobile
GoingToBurst
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Final year accountancy and finance student aiming for a first. Third & fourth year count towards my classification.

Due to the way my university classifies their degrees and my grades being so high in third year, I have already secured a first without having sat of my final year exams. My quick tips for how to study in order to get good grades:

1. Do the reading. Skim for the key points before the lecture if you have time, but definitely make time for it after the lecture.
2. Take notes in the lecture. If something confuses you, mark that down in your notes too, it'll jog your memory when you review your notes and remind you to spend some extra time in that area.
3. Review your lecture notes and rewrite them, combining them with the reading you've done. This will create a good set of notes for the topic, which allows you to significantly cut down on exam revision time. Write them in such a way that explains everything as if the reader had little/no prior knowledge. It makes it easier to come back to the topic at the end of the semester.
4. Think outside the box for assignments. Be analytical and and incorporate examples. Examples are without a doubt one of the best ways to highlight your understanding, analytical ability and evidence of wider reading.
5. Start revising early. Review the good set of notes you made for each topic. Summarise them into a short study guide for the topic, or a cheat sheet if you can. Then following doing this for each topic, review each topic again, summarising further onto flash cards. Again, try to find examples you can use in your exams.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.34%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
14.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
9.98%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.3%

Watched Threads