The Student Room Group

I hate IB

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
you know what, as a international student i face the exactly same pressure as you do. so hey chin up, you are definitely not alone. there are thousands and millions of students out there, in your country, even in this whole world. tell you what Japan's new policy is to get all their kids to attend IBDP for their entire country! imagine how tremendous amount of them will be frustrated! you are not alone, believe me, k?
Reply 21
Original post by sophielophie
contributing to society, being creative and sporty.

that's a joke. It's more like doing stuff not because you want to but just to tick a box that says you have to do it. That doesn't make people more rounded.
Original post by StayWoke
that's a joke. It's more like doing stuff not because you want to but just to tick a box that says you have to do it. That doesn't make people more rounded.

Depends on your attitude. I actually really enjoyed it overall and I do think it helped balance my studies.
Original post by arigziegler
I miss IB... enjoy it while you can, i’m not even trolling

you sure you did IB.

lol what subjects did u take and what made u enjoy IB.
If you don't mind me asking how many points did you get in the end.
Original post by aztecqueen
you sure you did IB.

lol what subjects did u take and what made u enjoy IB.
If you don't mind me asking how many points did you get in the end.

hahaha yeah I'm sure :biggrin:
I got 40 (i was surprised too dw!)
My first year was pretty terrible and chaotic, I spent pretty much all of it in hospital but my final year of IB was amazing!
I moved in between the 2 IB years and my new school made my IB experience great
Plus one of the good things about IB is that it's so hard for everyone that we're kind of all in it together so there's a huge sense of solidarity
hahaha yeah I'm sure :biggrin:
I got 40 (i was surprised too dw!)
My first year was pretty terrible and chaotic, I spent pretty much all of it in hospital but my final year of IB was amazing!
I moved in between the 2 IB years and my new school made my IB experience great
Plus one of the good things about IB is that it's so hard for everyone that we're kind of all in it together so there's a huge sense of solidarity

Yea true. The fact that we're all suffering together creates this sense of unity. If you don't mind could you tell me what subjects you took and any study methods you used, I really want to get 40 points.
Yea true. The fact that we're all suffering together creates this sense of unity. If you don't mind could you tell me what subjects you took and any study methods you used, I really want to get 40 points.

HL French A, English Lit, Biology, Maths (we could take 4 HLs in my school)
SL: History, Economics
Honestly, I didn't use any special method. Did all the past papers i could find (I was the last year of old IB, the syllabi's changed now) and I have my teachers to thank, they were pretty amazing. They would invite us to their home to have massive study sessions, that's the power of IB :P But yeah my best advice is try to enjoy what you're learning because if you hate it, you won't get it or do well
HL French A, English Lit, Biology, Maths (we could take 4 HLs in my school)
SL: History, Economics
Honestly, I didn't use any special method. Did all the past papers I could find (I was the last year of old IB, the syllabi's changed now) and I have my teachers to thank, they were pretty amazing. They would invite us to their home to have massive study sessions, that's the power of IB :P But yeah my best advice is to try to enjoy what you're learning because if you hate it, you won't get it or do well

That's so cool, your teachers seem really nice. Most of my teachers are quite dismissive and not caring. The only subject we have in common is history at SL (I'm not sure if u did English A Lang & Lit. - cuz that'a what I'm doing)
That's so cool, your teachers seem really nice. Most of my teachers are quite dismissive and not caring. The only subject we have in common is history at SL (I'm not sure if u did English A Lang & Lit. - cuz that'a what I'm doing)

Nah I took just Lit. I was in an international school though, i'm not sure how they approach the IB in UK schools
Also there are a bunch of youtube channels with IB study videos, I used to watch them when i got bored of textbooks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Elena_Z
you know what, as a international student i face the exactly same pressure as you do. so hey chin up, you are definitely not alone. there are thousands and millions of students out there, in your country, even in this whole world. tell you what Japan's new policy is to get all their kids to attend IBDP for their entire country! imagine how tremendous amount of them will be frustrated! you are not alone, believe me, k?

Ok then. Thank you. it made me feel a bit better. :smile:
Nah I took just Lit. I was in an international school though, i'm not sure how they approach the IB in UK schools
Also there are a bunch of youtube channels with IB study videos, I used to watch them when i got bored of textbooks

Yea I follow a bunch of IB youtube channels for some subjects. I go to an international school as well but I decided to take up English HL so that's fun. btw my mock results come out tmr which will be a fun thing to laugh at.
Yea I follow a bunch of IB youtube channels for some subjects. I go to an international school as well but I decided to take up English HL so that's fun. btw my mock results come out tmr which will be a fun thing to laugh at.

Oh where abouts? Are you in Europe?
My brother did Lang and Lit, it really isn't much like Lit so I can't really advise but i found that for English it's very teacher dependent. I managed a 6 without actually reading any of the books entirely and that's because my teacher was a literature goddess.
Also if some of your friends aren't super competitive, try to exchange notes and ideas; it's always helpful to get a different perpective and hell might even be useful in the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending