International Student Loans? Watch

Nashir
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi,
after researching like a mad man, i have realized that being an international student i cannot get a student loan in the UK if im studying in a british university....
but then, where the hell do i get my loan from??? as the university costs are just too out of my range without a loan!...with a loan, yes i can manage...possibly a scholarship and definitely a job...but yeh, where do i get my loan from??
kate.dt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Isn't it possible to take a student loan in Pakistan for a UK university? Ask the British Council...
Nashir
Thing is, im a paksitani, but i live outside pakistan!! ... so im not really sure...
girl89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm the same! As I'm from the Isle of Man I can't get a loan in England...
Nashir
Yo, ur a pakistani as well??
So u have to pay the international fees? or the UK or EU fees?
snu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Isle of Man has a special arrangement. I believe the IoM government pays your fees (which are a special rate, not UK or EU or international) and gives you a whopping great big grant.
girl89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't neccessarily give a whopping big grant, but they pay for our fee's (mine are like £7,000 or something as we're classed as international) but that's because we don't have a university here so we HAVE to move to England to study.

Fair enough I don't have to pay them...but as I don't have a loan I have no income....whatever maintenence grant I do get will be going towards my accomm bill of £4,000

Ah well looks like I'll have to get a job soon as I get there
girl89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Nashir)
Thing is, im a paksitani, but i live outside pakistan!! ... so im not really sure...
Definately try ringing up whichever government you're under and speak to the education department. They may be able to tell you what you can apply for etc
snu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by girl89)
Don't neccessarily give a whopping big grant, but they pay for our fee's (mine are like £7,000 or something as we're classed as international) but that's because we don't have a university here so we HAVE to move to England to study.
£7000 is less than proper international fees, probably.
girl89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not sure of the exact amount, hence why I said 'or something' as I havent had all my grant stuff back yet.

It's only £1000 ish off what Leeds met charge for internationals anyways...

Back on topic
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (25)
46.3%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (17)
31.48%
I don't have an opinion (12)
22.22%

Watched Threads