The Student Room Group

English Speaking Exam!

I have my speaking exam for English soon which is basically me presenting a topic and some ideas and then the audience asking questions about it. I will be awarded either Pass, Merit or Distinction and my target is a Distinction.

However, when it comes to topic ideas, I really am stuck! Ideas anyone?
Reply 1
I did mine on organ donation: there are lots of statistics; I found a video by the NHS that I included; any questions are generally about the ethics around the issue, which is easy to respond to. There are also loads of examples online, which is nice if you're not very good at thinking of arguments.
Original post by hpq
I did mine on organ donation: there are lots of statistics; I found a video by the NHS that I included; any questions are generally about the ethics around the issue, which is easy to respond to. There are also loads of examples online, which is nice if you're not very good at thinking of arguments.

That sounds like a really good idea which is quite interesting. Thank you hopefully this will help me a lot :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Skeletonclique21
That sounds like a really good idea which is quite interesting. Thank you hopefully this will help me a lot :smile:

No problem! :smile: It's an easy distinction in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest