The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Wanting to have sex at 3 months would vary from person to person perhaps, but the big deal about the virginity issue? As if she is the only virgin at that age for moral reasons. I'm sure there are others too, but few.
Reply 221
angel156
too soon? you're an odd one out then:smile:

btw off topic, but how do you get the coloured text on your screenname?

£3.50 subscription to TSR, then onto User CP. :biggrin:
I wanted to try out my shiny new debit card really.
I think you can get a subscription other ways, it'll be in FAQ if you're interested...something about adding to the TSR Wiki.
Reply 222
clyn

I just wanted an excuse to try out some new smilies :ridinghor
wheee, look at him go!

lolz

£3.50 subscription to TSR, then onto User CP.

that's a large amt for someone who is just interested in the coloured screenname lol
You get other stuff for your money too. I just haven't got round to getting one yet...
Reply 224
SmilerNuts
You get other stuff for your money too. I just haven't got round to getting one yet...

yes i know, i was just joking:smile:
And let me be the first to tell you it was a very funny joke :p:
Reply 226
SmilerNuts
And let me be the first to tell you it was a very funny joke :p:

if you're being sarcastic then :rolleyes:
if not then :biggrin:
lol
Lol who knows. I'm gonna stop spamming before i get yet another warning for it.
If people wanna get this back on topic then i'll be back then :biggrin:
Reply 228
SmilerNuts
Lol who knows. I'm gonna stop spamming before i get yet another warning for it.
If people wanna get this back on topic then i'll be back then :biggrin:

all set to argue again huh?

imo I don't get why everyone<including me:p: > is arguing about this so much; ultimately, it is a matter of personal choice.
Lol sure but i've only got half an hour. Need to go meet people for an Open Day.
And i prefer to see it as angry debating rather than arguing :p:

Yeah, of course it's personal choice. But what some people (like the OP) choose doesn't seem very sensible. Not the sex thing, more the no sexual activity of any sort for many months at her age. It just seems unworkable :s-smilie:
Cant everyone just hug and make friends? :smile: :p:
Reply 231
SmilerNuts
Lol sure but i've only got half an hour. Need to go meet people for an Open Day.
And i prefer to see it as angry debating rather than arguing :p:

uh not sure, I'm a bit tired today lol
Yeah, of course it's personal choice. But what some people (like the OP) choose doesn't seem very sensible. Not the sex thing, more the no sexual activity of any sort for many months at her age. It just seems unworkable :s-smilie:

Atleast you accept that it isn't 'necessary' to have sex at 3 months.
as for 'sexual activity', it does depend on what exactly you're talking about lol

I don't think that a relationship would be unworkable without having sex after a few months, but I agree with the person who yesterday said that it would be a good idea to go a little further than kissing. I can't say if it can or cannot work without even that , it would really depend on the guy.
prettygreeneyes99
Cant everyone just hug and make friends? :smile: :p:

We spent all day arguing yesterday, tis good fun. See how she's on the rep list now :wink:

angel156
Atleast you accept that it isn't 'necessary' to have sex at 3 months.
as for 'sexual activity', it does depend on what exactly you're talking about lol

I don't think that a relationship would be unworkable without having sex after a few months, but I agree with the person who yesterday said that it would be a good idea to go a little further than kissing

I didn't say it was necessary in the first place, just something that happens way more often than not.
By sexual activity, i just meant foreplay of some sort. It can be as far as she's prepared to go, as long as she's giving the guy some sort of sex life cause many wouldn't be happy without one.

Dammit, it seems like we're starting to agree on stuff! This does not make for a good arguement lol. How do you convince the OP that she can go further than kissing without it leading to sex till she's ready though? She needs good advice about that. The relationship wouldn't be unworkable as such but there would be a big strain if the guy was previosuly used to an active sex life and was now getting nothing. Would you stick around for 6 months or something if it was you?
Reply 233
SmilerNuts

I didn't say it was necessary in the first place, just something that happens way more often than not.
By sexual activity, i just meant foreplay of some sort. It can be as far as she's prepared to go, as long as she's giving the guy some sort of sex life cause many wouldn't be happy without one.

Dammit, it seems like we're starting to agree on stuff! This does not make for a good arguement lol. How do you convince the OP that she can go further than kissing without it leading to sex till she's ready though? She needs good advice about that. The relationship wouldn't be unworkable as such but there would be a big strain if the guy was previosuly used to an active sex life and was now getting nothing. Would you stick around for 6 months or something if it was you?

Yes, I do think I would stick around for 6 months if I really liked the guy.
I would have recommended finding a guy who's conservative like her, which I'm assuming she is, but that would mostly mean religious men who wouldn't want sex before marriage. lol Some people like to wait, but waiting till marriage would be, um, rather difficult.

Apart from kissing? Hmm yeah, even a little bit of 'other stuff' would have made the guy happier lol It doesn't have to be oral sex, fingering or anything which is overtly sexual; there's a lot of other stuff which isn't that sexual of course. Perhaps there might be a few guys who would be willing to wait without that too, but very few.
To be honest, after reading the other pages, I don't think she's going to change her mind. She needs a guy who's similar to her, but such men are hard to find so she might have to wait for quite a while. There isn't anything wrong or right with what she wants, she just looks at these things differently.
Reply 234
SmilerNuts
It's not essentail to have sex in the first few month sbut to have some sort of sexual contact isn't too much to ask if you're both 22.

You seem like a bit of an idiot. I'm surprised anyone slept with you in the first place

22? should be way before that.
and why does what I feel make me an idiot? i sort of do think that in today's world it is not normal to not have had sex by 18.
Reply 235
yo friends r jealous coz they r not virgins anymore! or maybe coz they lost it to the wrong guys for them and therfore they dnt want u to lose it to your perfct guy! save it for wen u feel right pliz! dnt do what u dont wanna do u will regret
Reply 236
babycakes
yo friends r jealous coz they r not virgins anymore! or maybe coz they lost it to the wrong guys for them and therfore they dnt want u to lose it to your perfct guy! save it for wen u feel right pliz! dnt do what u dont wanna do u will regret

Yes of course, I have met several people who regret their first time because they had sex out of peer pressure or only because everyone else was doing it.

edit:Why did the person's post get marked as warned for offering advice?
angel156
Yes of course, I have met several people who regret their first time because they had sex out of peer pressure or only because everyone else was doing it.

edit:Why did the person's post get marked as warned for offering advice?

It got a warning cause it was in text speak which is against forum rules. Nothing wrong with the post itself.

I don't think anyone should be pressured into having sex so I can imagine those that have sex young to try and "keep up" with their peers (even though a lot of it is just idle locker room boasting and not actually true) will regret it later. Saying that though, by age 22, 99% of your peers will likely have had sex and while this isn't a good reason by itself, it should point out that by this age it doesn't have to be such a big deal.

lee99
22? should be way before that.
and why does what I feel make me an idiot? i sort of do think that in today's world it is not normal to not have had sex by 18.

I called you an idiot cause the way you presented your post made it seem like you were trying to force her into having sex when she's not ready and you were saying people are strange if they don't have sex by age 18. True, i know loads of folk who have had sex by age 18 but that doesn't mean everyone should feel compelled to. 18 is only 2 years after you are legally allowed to start having sex so it's not that long after. I'm just arguing that by 22 she needs to give the guy a bit more than a peck on the cheek if they're several months into the relationship.
Reply 238
SmilerNuts
It got a warning cause it was in text speak which is against forum rules. Nothing wrong with the post itself.

I don't think anyone should be pressured into having sex so I can imagine those that have sex young to try and "keep up" with their peers (even though a lot of it is just idle locker room boasting and not actually true) will regret it later. Saying that though, by age 22, 99% of your peers will likely have had sex and while this isn't a good reason by itself, it should point out that by this age it doesn't have to be such a big deal.

I called you an idiot cause the way you presented your post made it seem like you were trying to force her into having sex when she's not ready and you were saying people are strange if they don't have sex by age 18. True, i know loads of folk who have had sex by age 18 but that doesn't mean everyone should feel compelled to. 18 is only 2 years after you are legally allowed to start having sex so it's not that long after. I'm just arguing that by 22 she needs to give the guy a bit more than a peck on the cheek if they're several months into the relationship.

3 months isn't exactly 'several' months into the relationship though.:p:
And by 22, well, I don't know if the percentage is as high as 99%(it could be a little lower than that), but there would certainly be quite a few people who haven't had sex. If she doesn't want to do, then she shouldn't feel compelled to. Just because it's quite a bit older than the legal age doesn't mean that it shouldn't/wouldn't be a big deal to somebody, especially if they are abstaining out of choice, as in religious or moral reasons(seems like the latter of course).

Basically, it shouldn't be such a big deal.

And OP, I think you need to find new friends who accept you as you are instead of laughing at you for your personal choices. What 'friends'.:rolleyes:
angel156
3 months isn't exactly 'several' months into the relationship though.:p:
And by 22, well, I don't know if the percentage is as high as 99%(it could be a little lower than that), but there would certainly be quite a few people who haven't had sex. If she doesn't want to do, then she shouldn't feel compelled to. Just because it's quite a bit older than the legal age doesn't mean that it shouldn't/wouldn't be a big deal to somebody, especially if they are abstaining out of choice, as in religious or moral reasons(seems like the latter of course).

Basically, it shouldn't be such a big deal.

And OP, I think you need to find new friends who accept you as you are instead of laughing at you for your personal choices. What 'friends'.:rolleyes:

Do you ever go offline?! :p: I like your 2nd gem btw :wink:

No, i know 3 months isn't several. But it was 3 months at that point and it still wasn't anywhere on the horizon was it.
I accept that 99% is perhaps a little too high but you get the idea. I wouldn't expect anyone to have had to have had sex by 18 but by 22 a lot more people will have. Like i said somewhere above, I'm not saying she has to have sex with someone if she's not ready but offer up a little more in the physical side of things. There will be people who don't mind dating folk that don't wanna have sex before marriage (I know that's not the case here, it's an example) but they still have some sort of sex life without actualy engaging in intercourse. If relationships can work like that, I see no reason why the OP shouldn't at least consider something similar.

So if sex isn't such a big deal like you say then there shouldn't be such a problem actually doing it...

I completely agree with your last sentence. Your friends should be your support network, not pressuring you to do stuff. Not that the OP is actually posting in this thread anymore...

Latest

Trending

Trending