Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    first, star stories. This looked so bad from the adverts that I sometimes muted or switched over. It just looked so not-funny! I dont know, can anyone confirm this? I never watched it. Who wants to see some random celebrities be enacted by substandard actors-- that's all it seemed to be, hopefully I was missing something??

Now that that has been stopped, there is now "the IT crowd" in its place. The jokes again in the advert look SO LAME, the first was that poor actor woman saying some garbage about a cave, now for the secon episode, its a joke with negligable merit, about a funeral, the humor is restricted to a simple misinterpretation of words, and the delivery is average.

I would rather watch DEATH than the crap they have on in this slot at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    I like 8 out of 10 cats.

ReputationRep:
    meh, moved to an obscure section. end of thread lol

ReputationRep:
    I kinda like the IT crowd. Most of the time, I use that slot to watch friends on E4+1, when I rarely watch Big Brother.

ReputationRep:
    Why not the simpsons, for the love of God!

ReputationRep:
    I like Star Stories, i think its pretty funny, the take that one was good and so was the george michael one.

ReputationRep:
    IT Crowd is genius.

ReputationRep:
    I like the IT crowd, and I like Eight out of Ten Cats.

Star Stories, on the other hand... is terrible. But I have watched one episode when I was exceedingly bored and it was sort of funny in a not funny kind of way... just so stupidly funny.

(Not like Harry Hill - now THAT'S comedy.)

ReputationRep:
    When the first series of Star Stories aired I thought it was ****e too, but I watched a repeat of the David Beckham one the other day and it was actually far better than I previouisly judged, you should give it a chance. And the IT Crowd was way better than the adverts make it seem.

Ugly Betty was *******s tho.

ReputationRep:
    I loved Star Stories, it was so easy to watch and kinda funny.

I really like 8 out of 10 cats - so long as the panel is funny.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Star Stories isn't for me.... I couldn't give a crap about the real Britney Spears let alone a parody of her.

IT crowd on the other hand.... that's more like it. Laid back, easy watching comedy, which, may have been a little understated in it's first series, but definetly worked for me.

Plus who wants to see all the best bits on the adverts anyway?

ReputationRep:
    IT Crowd is great.

ReputationRep:
    The IT Crowd is great in my opinion! I also liked 8 out of 10 cats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil groovy dude)
    IT Crowd is genius.
    :ottid:
    I love it. 8 out of 10 cats is also great. Hated Star Stories lol

ReputationRep:
    Star Stories was like comedy for stupid people and I suppose they've got to cater for everybody.

I like The IT Crowd and 8 Out Of 10 Cats though.

ReputationRep:
    Its when I go for a shower now lol, 8/10 cats was good though.

ReputationRep:
    Star Stories was awful. The idea of taking the mickey out of certain celebs had the potential to be great, but it just wasn't funny at all. The IT crowd, on the other hand, is great- I would agree that the adverts for it make it look bad. They have to choose clips that are 'obviously' or immediately funny, whereas the only bits I really find funny are bits that have had a build up and don't seem funny by themselves. You have to watch a whole episode to really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean but i dont wath much of channel 4 atm as i cant stand big brother, i saw one episode of star stories and wished i hadnt.. i love 8 out of 10 cats. anyone know when its back?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    i love 8 out of 10 cats. anyone know when its back?
    Well.... there's a Big Brother special on this Thursday 9:30pm.

I believe it's new, because it says that Jason Man....something... is one of the team captains, but I can't be certain (so not sure if Dave Spikey is doing it anymore).

Plus I think I remember Jimmy (first name terms) saying there was a special coming - to keep us interested I guess...

... not sure when the new series starts though, but should be good

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.