The Student Room Group

Songs you associate with things!

I'm sure everyone has at least one of these!

I associate songs with people and events very strongly, partly because I'm a musician and have played a lot of them but also totally unrelated stuff.One holiday when I was fairly young the only CD we had with us was my dad's R.E.M. one, I've loved it ever since and picture driving down little lanes through fields of sunflowers whilst completely and totally lost every time I hear some of them. It's really nice but can be quite painful sometimes if songs relate to someone that's passed away or anything like that, they can just catch me off guard.

With christmas coming up I bet a lot of people will have things for that, anything is welcome though! What songs do you associate with specific things? :smile:
Most of what I listen to these days is anime theme music, and the occasional game soundtrack... so I usually associate it with the series or games it came from. :p: Plenty of nostalgia from some tracks. :moon: Occasionally though, a song will start playing from my collection that I can't place, or don't remember at all - I associate that with growing older and being a fan for far too long. :sadnod:

For an answer that closer fits the theme of the thread, hearing songs by Simply Red (especially from the albums 'Stars' or 'Blue' ) brings back memories of trips to Reading to visit my grandparents, as those tapes (now CDs) get played on the long journey almost without fail. :yes:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest