Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Regarding remarks, I know someone who got given a D on their P3 exam in Jan. He was certain it was at least an A and demanded it to be remarked. When they looked at his paper they saw he had got an A and someone had entered it wrongly on his results sheet! So if you ever think your results sheet is wrong then demand a remark!
    omg! now I can blame something now other than myself for getting a bad grade (if it happened to me of course!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Regarding remarks, I know someone who got given a D on their P3 exam in Jan. He was certain it was at least an A and demanded it to be remarked. When they looked at his paper they saw he had got an A and someone had entered it wrongly on his results sheet! So if you ever think your results sheet is wrong then demand a remark!
    You see its this factor that also worries me. I mean, you may have actually got the grades you need, however, some dumb person will either mark it incorrectly or enter it in wrongly meaning that you have a lower grade.

So now youve not just got to hope that you do well in the exam but also so that they mrk it correctly! too much hoping to handle me thinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)
    You see its this factor that also worries me. I mean, you may have actually got the grades you need, however, some dumb person will either mark it incorrectly or enter it in wrongly meaning that you have a lower grade.

So now youve not just got to hope that you do well in the exam but also so that they mrk it correctly! too much hoping to handle me thinks

oh great. something else to get paranoid over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)

what would really piss me off, is if some IDIOT marker gives me say a C in the P3 paper, which could give me a BBB overall.

Now i know that the marker would have got it wrong, but the thing is, by the time the paper is remarked, your places at university will aready be given to someone else, so basically i would end up having to reapply next year, explain the situation again on PS, hope the interviews go all right again and also figure out a Gap-year in the space of a few days...

lets just hope that doesnt happen to anyone

ReputationRep:
    How long does a remark take???
    I've got a friend who is an exceptional Bio student who got a C for her exams (we got some of our results early coz' we do a different board) while most of her class got As. I'm guessing there is an error in it, as she got an A last year.

ReputationRep:
    I had my first results dream last night! I think i've done pretty well to not dream about them until now. It wasn't a good dream though and for some reason i was picking them up at night?!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by KerChing)
    what would really piss me off, is if some IDIOT marker gives me say a C in the P3 paper, which could give me a BBB overall.

Now i know that the marker would have got it wrong, but the thing is, by the time the paper is remarked, your places at university will aready be given to someone else, so basically i would end up having to reapply next year, explain the situation again on PS, hope the interviews go all right again and also figure out a Gap-year in the space of a few days...

lets just hope that doesnt happen to anyone
    I'm sure there is a very rapid re-mark that you can apply for through your exams officer, but it has to be sent in almost immediately. I would have thought that if your school could also phone the admissions tutor for your subject/Uni to say that this was happening, so you might get a more helpful response. The critical thing to do is to discuss it with your exams officer on the day you get your results!

ReputationRep:
    exactly 5 days 23 hours and 30 mins till i pick my results up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    exactly 5 days 23 hours and 30 mins till i pick my results up...
    thanks to my effort...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    I'm sure there is a very rapid re-mark that you can apply for through your exams officer, but it has to be sent in almost immediately. I would have thought that if your school could also phone the admissions tutor for your subject/Uni to say that this was happening, so you might get a more helpful response. The critical thing to do is to discuss it with your exams officer on the day you get your results!
    There is- it is called priority remarking service, and takes about two-three days. The key thing to remember is that universities can't actually reject you until 31st August for failing to get your conditional offer, so if you enter into remarking they have to hold on till then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

thats an indian song!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Okay, I'll get my friend to do it ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralNeo)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

thats an indian song!! :confused:
    i think the indian film industry nicked it actually. they nicked several pieces from mozart as well and made them into great bollywood songs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    There is- it is called priority remarking service, and takes about two-three days. The key thing to remember is that universities can't actually reject you until 31st August for failing to get your conditional offer, so if you enter into remarking they have to hold on till then.
    31st? nobody mentioned this to us when we applied! woohoo we get time for remarks! i guess thats what must have happened a couple of years ago when all the alevel got fiddled with badly?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by priya)
    31st? nobody mentioned this to us when we applied! woohoo we get time for remarks! i guess thats what must have happened a couple of years ago when all the alevel got fiddled with badly?
    Yes, it exists! BUT BUT BUT you must make sure that your exams officer / head of Sixth form etc know that you want this priority service immediately. This means straight after you get your results and uni decision if necessary, as there may well be a number of people who want / need this but only apply for it in a few days... the earlier you get your request to the exam board, the quicker it will be.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait any longer, the days are passing way too slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I can't wait any longer, the days are passing way too slow
    exactly life has seem to be goin on a (1/6)(normal speed)

ReputationRep:
    Watch the olympic games like crazy then!!

I'm doing that to pass the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    This one should make you less nervous

well we're below 300000 now and it's getting scary.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    well we're below 300000 now and it's getting scary.

MB

meeep *shudders with worry*

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.