How hard is A level Maths? Watch

abdul2007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I will be taking pure maths and stastics

How hard is each one and what do you learn, aswell as that I want to be an accountant is it going to help with that and lastly I could take applied maths is that easier and what do you learn in that also pros and cons of all of it
k019
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally think Maths is difficult, only because I'm not talented in the mathematical field.
I managed to get a solid B grade at GCSE but I ended up dropping AS Maths (Edexcel) because it was hard.

C1 and C2 were fun to learn, it was more difficult by the time I got to C2 but solving the questions were fun.
On the other hand, I didn't really enjoy S1 (Statistics) much..
D1 (Decision) was pretty simple and easy though.

I think that if you want to be an accountant, Statistics will definitely prepare you for it.
I recall learning about probability, venn diagrams, standard deviation, things on mean, medians and graph stuff...
They provide you with most of the formulas, though some you're required to remember.

Core Maths (C1, C2) covered simultaneous equations, algebra at a more advanced level, integration, more graph stuff etc.
I honestly can't remember much, possibly because it scarred me (LOL).

But it was all-in-all fun to learn, just difficult and depending on whether or not you're willing to put in the work, then I'm sure you're more than capable of getting a good grade in Maths!

I'd advise you to look at past papers or even video tutorials just to see what A Level Maths is really like (and whether or not you're mentally ready to tackle the questions).
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maths with stats is possibly a little easier than maths and mechanics, but it depends where your interests lie - this applies to applied maths as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (283)
15.21%
The paper was reasonable (1035)
55.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (403)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (140)
7.52%

Watched Threads