Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is going to start yr 10 or yr 11 might be in this type of situation. If so, feel free to share your thougths & concerns, i will try my best to help u out.

2 years ago i was in the same position and i managed to come out with an A in english Language. This was the only subject i was most concerned about. My teachers still cant believe it because one day they predicted a C for my english gcse. Then, slowly, it went up to a B. I had to strive at the beginning of yr 11 as my teacher was unsure whether to giv me the higher paper. But i was determined & kept getting good grades in my mocks. Finally, i managed to sit for the higher paper & i told in my mind to my teacher that she would not regret for giving me the chance.

Thoughts: If u work hard and keep faith in yourself, anything is possible.

ReputationRep:
    The same with me. At the start of year 10 i was predicted a D as it was what i kept on getting during past papers. However i made sure all my coursework is best i can do and that my speaking and listening was good. Also i sometimes ask english teachers to help me giving me extra work to do and by the end of this i came out with an A. So nothing is impossible as i came from a D to an A so if you are willing to work hard you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    lol

Nothing is impossible....I got an A* in Eng. Lit and im Indian!! I know jack about the language, let alone its literature...doing past papers and learning the spec is all you need 4 GCSE's....

ReputationRep:
    wow, i got a B in eng lang, that sucks cos i was hoping for no under As ... but im really interested in ur method... how did u do it??

im sooo jealous

ReputationRep:
    just go in and try your best. i was predicted Cs in both lang and lit, they turned out to be A and B on result day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy I got straight A's for the key subjects!!!!!!!!

Peter Chan, I go to Shatin College.... are you the one who was a scout? and goes to one of the island schools?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.