Only 53% of British Muslims want to fully integrate into British society

Watch
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
https://policyexchange.org.uk/wp-con...ties_FINAL.pdf

Around half said they wouldn't report someone they suspected of terrorism to police.

Only 4% believe Al Qaeda carried out 9/11, 7% blame the Jews.

It shows that they believe that 75% of Britain is Islamic.

These are the problems with mass immigration how do you think this should be fixed?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by joecphillips)
https://policyexchange.org.uk/wp-con...ties_FINAL.pdf

Around half said they wouldn't report someone they suspected of terrorism to police.

Only 4% believe Al Qaeda carried out 9/11, 7% blame the Jews.

It shows that they believe that 75% of Britain is Islamic.

These are the problems with mass immigration how do you think this should be fixed?
wait they actually said they wouldn't report someone for terrorism?

Isn't that illegal?
Joep95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mathemagicien)
If they won't integrate, then we should. Integration goes both ways.
So if I move to Saudi I should eat bacon and they have to change their way of life to accommodate that?
Aladdinsaaane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

The first stop would be to stop importing masses of them.

There needs to be a crackdown on the self-imposed segregation and the ghettos like Luton. Hate preachers need to be stopped beling allowed to radicalize students on campuses, and Muslim students need to start going to non-Islamic schools with the rest of the population. The government and the left needs to stop pretending that 'all cultures are equal' and acknowledge the fact that there is a growing demographic of people in the country who are living as a nation within a nation where fundamentalist conservatism and Islamism is spreading.

It's disturbing that there is even a discussion about whether sharia should be allowed in the UK. There needs to be a clear message that when in Rome, do as the Romans do. The so called 'moderate' muslims who teach children in Islamic schools are the sorts of people who refuse to condem the chopping off of people's hands.

It is a complete disaster and we need more people acknowledging that multiculturalism has failed, as David Cameron miraculously admitted.
Aladdinsaaane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really hope that was a joke.
LV Her Husband
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So if I move to Saudi I should eat bacon and they have to change their way of life to accommodate that?
This temptation of those on the right to compare ourselves to the lowest common denominator is pretty strange and, in a way, pretty sad. The right are supposed to be the first to tell us how much better than the rest of the world the UK/West is.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aladdinsaaane)
The first stop would be to stop importing masses of them.

There needs to be a crackdown on the self-imposed segregation and the ghettos like Luton. Hate preachers need to be stopped beling allowed to radicalize students on campuses, and Muslim students need to start going to non-Islamic schools with the rest of the population. The government and the left needs to stop pretending that 'all cultures are equal' and acknowledge the fact that there is a growing demographic of people in the country who are living as a nation within a nation where fundamentalist conservatism and Islamism is spreading.

It's disturbing that there is even a discussion about whether sharia should be allowed in the UK. There needs to be a clear message that when in Rome, do as the Romans do. The so called 'moderate' muslims who teach children in Islamic schools are the sorts of people who refuse to condem the chopping off of people's hands.

It is a complete disaster and we need more people acknowledging that multiculturalism has failed, as David Cameron miraculously admitted.
pretty much spotless, especially that 1st line.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:eyeball: what?

Wait...so you're sayin I should convert to Islam????

How is this a solution, ow :facepalm2:
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
I sense a maths joke...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aladdinsaaane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0to100)
pretty much spotless, especially that 1st line.
Germany is going to have massive social problems in the upcoming years, not because of the fact that they imported over a million Muslims from the third world, but because of political correctness, there is a complete refusal to admit that these people hold beliefs and live in a way which is in fundamental opposition to the progress that European nations have made.

This will lead to Germany not addressing the problem at all, so they will end up with 30 mosques like Luton where the aforementioned 'moderates' will become community leaders and it will be acceptable for children to go to Islamic schools, all of this will lead to ghettos like we have in the UK which is goin to lead to more extremism on the far right. Angela Merkel will be gone and the Alt Right for Germany is going to continue to grow, as people will not tolerate the increasing number of sexual assaults, terrorist attempts, praying on the streets and other unsavoury htings that have propelled the French to throw their support behind Marine Le Pen. Germany is the next France.
Aladdinsaaane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
I sense a maths joke...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank God, I thought he was being serious. *vomits*
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Germany is going to have massive social problems in the upcoming years, not because of the fact that they imported over a million Muslims from the third world, but because of political correctness, there is a complete refusal to admit that these people hold beliefs and live in a way which is in fundamental opposition to the progress that European nations have made.

This will lead to Germany not addressing the problem at all, so they will end up with 30 mosques like Luton where the aforementioned 'moderates' will become community leaders and it will be acceptable for children to go to Islamic schools, all of this will lead to ghettos like we have in the UK which is goin to lead to more extremism on the far right. Angela Merkel will be gone and the Alt Right for Germany is going to continue to grow, as people will not tolerate the increasing number of sexual assaults, terrorist attempts, praying on the streets and other unsavoury htings that have propelled the French to throw their support behind Marine Le Pen. Germany is the next France.
I believe in refuge and human rights! But not at the expense of native citizens! This situation really makes me want to claw my eyes out. The government is not using its head. It either believes in overflowing the flood gates or locking them up completely. There needs to be strict legislative regulation on who comes in, from where, quotas, whatever. Theresa May wants to help out Africa only so that they don't have to come here, that's devious. I don't mind migrants but there needs to be control over the situation. I think in reality these countries are terrified of retaliation from the Middle East. I have wanted to go to France for a while, I even study French now but it really is starting to lose its glamour in my eyes with that Charlie journalism shootout thing and rapes and stuff. I know those are rare instances but it makes me question the security of the place based on its troubled political climate.
wolfmoon88
Report 4 years ago
Thank God, I thought he was being serious. *vomits*
Or he might be serious because that is the policy that was implemented in Germany.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1003420
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I urge you all to read the post below (this post was posted on this thread on the second page)

(Original post by Saoirse:3)
The main group these people blame for 9/11 is the USA, and failing that they say they're "not sure". I don't agree with them of course, but it hardly seems surprising. The USA just elected a President who wants to ban them all from the country and has participated in recent wars that have been responsible for the deaths of millions of Muslims, including innocent civilians, women and children. Of course the community distrusts them and is prone to believing they'd manipulate an event to bring about anti-Muslim prejudice.

The report's other findings are also interesting. It shows that Muslims are generally more engaged with their local community and more likely to believe that such engagement, including political engagement on a national level, is important than non-Muslims in Britain. The vast majority reject extremism or say that it's just not widely practised: almost nobody claims that there's nothing wrong with it. Most don't take their political or social views from their faith. Only 7% do not feel a strong connection to a British identity. In addition to the headline 53% who want full integration, another 37% want integration "on most things", with the most prominent exemptions being schools (much as Christian schools also exist) - with part of that attitude stemming from some having a desire for a more academic-focused system - 74% don't want religion taught in the classroom. Only 3% say they would ignore someone they suspected was "getting involved with people who support terrorism in Syria". Muslims are more likely than non-Muslims to condemn political violence and terrorism.

The point about 9/11 is far more likely caused by a total lack of trust in the media than any links to extreme beliefs - most believe the media has an anti-Muslim agenda and don't go to it for current affairs, with younger generations in particular relying more on social media where things like 9/11 conspiracies are popular. And I can't see anything whatsoever about the "75% of Britain is Islamic" claim.

All in all, when you actually read the report, it presents a far more re-assuring view than the OP - of a community where people want to integrate into British life, do not regard extremists or fundamentalists as their friends, do not even believe that anti-Muslim prejudice is a large problem and generally only want not for a fundamentalist Sharia super-state but fairer representation in the media.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Or he might be serious because that is the policy that was implemented in Germany.

Posted from TSR Mobile
killjoy lol
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i agree, we should implement some shariah law around here. too much haram as it is.
Joep95
Rep:
?
(Original post by tammie123)
How many muslims were asked?
wolfmoon88
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0to100)
killjoy lol
Just presenting both sides

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1003420
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But there are 3 million muslims in Britain, how can you decipher what all of those 3 million think based on those people asked
Aladdinsaaane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
But there are 3 million muslims in Britain, how can you decipher what all of those 3 million think based on those people asked
It's called statistics. Welcome to the world of facts and figures, something that is being taken over by lies and emotions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (54)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (110)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.12%
Financial worries (60)
6.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.09%

Watched Threads