The Student Room Group

Only 53% of British Muslims want to fully integrate into British society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Aladdinsaaane
Germany is going to have massive social problems in the upcoming years, not because of the fact that they imported over a million Muslims from the third world, but because of political correctness, there is a complete refusal to admit that these people hold beliefs and live in a way which is in fundamental opposition to the progress that European nations have made.

This will lead to Germany not addressing the problem at all, so they will end up with 30 mosques like Luton where the aforementioned 'moderates' will become community leaders and it will be acceptable for children to go to Islamic schools, all of this will lead to ghettos like we have in the UK which is goin to lead to more extremism on the far right. Angela Merkel will be gone and the Alt Right for Germany is going to continue to grow, as people will not tolerate the increasing number of sexual assaults, terrorist attempts, praying on the streets and other unsavoury htings that have propelled the French to throw their support behind Marine Le Pen. Germany is the next France.

Germans never needed a reason to be facists, its in their blood.
It's called statistics. Welcome to the world of facts and figures, something that is being taken over by lies and emotions.

Original post by joecphillips
Do you not get how these surveys work? No survey that uses a stat like this ask every single person in a demographic

that's what I said

Original post by Dodgypirate
Please tell me you're not serious.

:rofl:
You mean Luton and Bradford aren't enough... ?

:K:

Original post by zezno
why is it always the White people, typically far-right, that complain about immigration lol

it's not, get out more
Original post by blah3210
Did you read the report? OP has outright lied in the OP.

it doesn't matter, the fact is: that's how statistics work, and you can't interview every person in the topical demographic?!
Gotta love how they've chosen to mention the 53% who said they do intend to integrate with British society, and not the more important and dramatic figure of 47% that said they wouldn't.

Worrying times indeed when almost half the UK Muslim population would rather remain segregated.
Original post by XOR_
Unparseable latex formula:

[br]\begin{equation*} \int \text{muslim}^{n} \, \mathrm{d}\, \text{muslim} = \frac{\text{muslim}^{n+1}}{n+1} + \mathcal{C} \quad \quad \, (n \neq -1) \end{equation*} [br]

courtesy of @Zacken. :biggrin:

omggggg i love this so much :biggrin:
Original post by Saoirse:3
History, however, suggests that we will see the birth rate fall with each generation, slowing and then arresting the growth. Meanwhile, we can also expect each generation to be generally less devout and feel more British, a trend already showing up in this report. Based on this I'd be surprised if we ever reach 12%, and there's no way it'll happen that quickly. Even London does not have anywhere near enough Muslims for them to become the biggest group, let alone a majority. While it's only 45% White British, much of the 55% are either white Europeans or ethnic minority people who identify as British ahead of any other nationality, and Muslims are still only a small minority.

please keep arguing this ilysm
Original post by Dodgypirate
Gotta love how they've chosen to mention the 53% who said they do intend to integrate with British society, and not the more important and dramatic figure of 47% that said they wouldn't.

Worrying times indeed when almost half the UK Muslim population would rather remain segregated.

It's not true that 47% said they wouldn't. 53% wanted integration in all areas, and then another 37% said they wanted integration in most or nearly all areas, with exceptions such as optionally maintaining seperate schools (much as there are long-established Christian schools in the UK). Then another 6% favour partial integration, but wish to lead their own lives as much as possible according to Islamic traditions. The portion who actually don't favour integration into British society is not 47%, but 1%. Which is why especially on an issue like this you need to ignore the ludicrously biased headlines which are little more than naked propaganda and read the actual study instead. (Often these things are even more deceptive than this is, asking a question like "On a scale of one to ten, to what extent do you favour full integration into all aspects of British life?" and then portraying everyone who didn't select ten as some kind of lunatic separatist who secretly supports ISIS and wants to bring the west under Sharia law).
Another day, another thread about Muslims on tsr forum. If it's not that you lot are arguing about Brexit. Going round and round in circles, arguing the same points, stirring up ****, not resolving anything, childishly lambasting those who don't agree with you. You people need to learn how to debate properly and if not... go out and actually live your lives...
(edited 7 years ago)
https://policyexchange.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PEXJ5037_Muslim_Communities_FINAL.pdf

Around half said they wouldn't report someone they suspected of terrorism to police.

Only 4% believe Al Qaeda carried out 9/11, 7% blame the Jews.

It shows that they believe that 75% of Britain is Islamic.

These are the problems with mass immigration how do you think this should be fixed?

these are not problems with mass immigration, these are problems with setting up islamic ghettoes for specifically muslim communites to live under backward edicts of imams and sheikhs.

its lazy ignorance to blame all issues of failure of specifically islamic societies on immigrants as a whole
Reply 68
It's not true that 47% said they wouldn't. 53% wanted integration in all areas, and then another 37% said they wanted integration in most or nearly all areas, with exceptions such as optionally maintaining seperate schools (much as there are long-established Christian schools in the UK). Then another 6% favour partial integration, but wish to lead their own lives as much as possible according to Islamic traditions. The portion who actually don't favour integration into British society is not 47%, but 1%. Which is why especially on an issue like this you need to ignore the ludicrously biased headlines which are little more than naked propaganda and read the actual study instead. (Often these things are even more deceptive than this is, asking a question like "On a scale of one to ten, to what extent do you favour full integration into all aspects of British life?" and then portraying everyone who didn't select ten as some kind of lunatic separatist who secretly supports ISIS and wants to bring the west under Sharia law).

You have forgot to include that in the 37% it included people who didn't want to integrate with British laws
You have forgot to include that in the 37% it included people who didn't want to integrate with British laws

In the sense that, for instance, they would rather if the other party consents use Islamic law to try and negotiate a civil issue, divorce proceedings etc - not that they don't believe in the rule of law or want Muslims to be exempted from criminal laws applying to the rest of the country.
Original post by Reality Check
What should we expect in, say, 2031 ...?

Her, precisely.

The survey like the Muslim population is mainly immigrants and the survey also Mentions the links between Islam and immigration.

To answer what else you mentioned me in there are positives from the report but there are also negatives and I don't think we need to work to fix things that are going well

I think you have been very selective in the figures you have used. As others have mentioned, as well as 53% wanting to full integrate, 37% say they want 'integration on most things'.

So 90% want high levels of integration. That's probably very similar to other religious groups in the UK.

As for only 52% who said they would report to the police. As others have pointed out, nearly 40% would try and dissuade them or speak to their family and friends. That doesn't seem like a massive issue to me. If you found out one of your friends or family members was flirting with extremism it would be understandable if you went to the police, but it would also be understandable if you tried to dissuade them because you have a personal connection.

I feel this survey pretty much says the opposite of what you have tried to portray it saying.

There's also the problem that if we want Muslims to integrate, we need people to stop attacking them over surveys which have largely positive findings about integration!
Reply 72
i dont understand why everyone here wants muslims to fully integrate with society, these stats are notoriously biased since the surveyee is inclined to say that theyd rather keep their home culture too.
In the sense that, for instance, they would rather if the other party consents use Islamic law to try and negotiate a civil issue, divorce proceedings etc - not that they don't believe in the rule of law or want Muslims to be exempted from criminal laws applying to the rest of the country.

You're on form!
Original post by Kraixo
What does it mean to

integrate into British society

1. To accept and to some extent join in with out traditions, If someone says happy Christmas to you take it as him being nice, Don't oppose our schools or workplaces celebrating our traditions, you dont have to join in just accept that it is happening and get over it.

2. To follow British laws and Sensibilities, women are treated as Equal and things like arranged marriages are wrong and should not be conducted in Britain. Barbaric traditions including religious traditions should be given up.

3. Speak the language or attend classes with the intent to improve your speaking skills

4. Do not impose your culture on others and keep your Religion/Culture in your house (Unless it is somewhere of religious significance or somewhere specifically set up for that reason).
Do not demand that KFC becomes Halal or that women not wear certain reasonable clothing in public.

5. Be Neighborly, Help out and be part of a community that is not primarily your culture/religion, Places like Luton are not what we want as they create a divide and a toxic community.

There are many more that I could list but these are a important few.
Original post by Maker
Germans never needed a reason to be facists, its in their blood.

That is actually Pretty insulting, That is like me saying "Africans never needed a reason to advance as a society/Culture, Savagery is in their bloods"

and how dare you assume that being German relates at all to being a fascist, the way that German Politics have gone is very liberal and sure there are extremists but you find them in every country from India to Sweden.

You have basically just called a whole nationality inferior you are closer to being a Nazi than most Germans
Original post by AperfectBalance
1. To accept and to some extent join in with out traditions, If someone says happy Christmas to you take it as him being nice, Don't oppose our schools or workplaces celebrating our traditions, you dont have to join in just accept that it is happening and get over it.

2. To follow British laws and Sensibilities, women are treated as Equal and things like arranged marriages are wrong and should not be conducted in Britain. Barbaric traditions including religious traditions should be given up.

3. Speak the language or attend classes with the intent to improve your speaking skills

4. Do not impose your culture on others and keep your Religion/Culture in your house (Unless it is somewhere of religious significance or somewhere specifically set up for that reason).
Do not demand that KFC becomes Halal or that women not wear certain reasonable clothing in public.

5. Be Neighborly, Help out and be part of a community that is not primarily your culture/religion, Places like Luton are not what we want as they create a divide and a toxic community.

There are many more that I could list but these are a important few.

you talk about peepz having to be tolerant of people saying merry Christmas (Which they are) then come up with this bs "including religious traditions should be given up."

I bet you just made that list up, there is no national 'integrate into British society check list' different brits will have different standards.
I want to integrate.
Reply 78
Original post by Bornblue
I think you have been very selective in the figures you have used. As others have mentioned, as well as 53% wanting to full integrate, 37% say they want 'integration on most things'.

So 90% want high levels of integration. That's probably very similar to other religious groups in the UK.

As for only 52% who said they would report to the police. As others have pointed out, nearly 40% would try and dissuade them or speak to their family and friends. That doesn't seem like a massive issue to me. If you found out one of your friends or family members was flirting with extremism it would be understandable if you went to the police, but it would also be understandable if you tried to dissuade them because you have a personal connection.

I feel this survey pretty much says the opposite of what you have tried to portray it saying.

There's also the problem that if we want Muslims to integrate, we need people to stop attacking them over surveys which have largely positive findings about integration!

The 37% mainly said they wanted separate schooling and laws, I don't mind the first one but we can not have 2 different legal systems running at the same time.
The 37% mainly said they wanted separate schooling and laws, I don't mind the first one but we can not have 2 different legal systems running at the same time.

As others have pointed out, it doesn't mean a different legal system for issues such as crime. But rather for issues such as marriage and civil issues only where both sides agree.

It's like an arbitration, like any other where both sides agree to have the matter settled outside of a formal court, as they are entitled to do so.
I don't agree with it per se, but it's not what it is being portrayed as. It's for civil, not criminal disputes and proceedings.

According to UK law, any two parties can agree to have a civil dispute settled by a third party. That's all these courts are really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending