The Student Room Group

I'm hideously fat and haven't had sex in over 6 weeks :(

So as the title basically. I started a new medication a few months ago and it has made me pile on the pounds. I used to be pretty average, slight beer belly but an average BMI. However, this new medication has ****ed that all up.

My girlfriend and I haven't had sex in over 6 weeks now. I'm convinced that it's because of how disgusting I look but she insists she's just tired from work (she has a busy fully time job, I'm a student). We don't have any other relationship problems but I can't understand how it can be so long and she's always "tired".

I don't know what to do. My weight seems to have finally plateaued and I go to the gym and ride an exercise bike at home so I'm hoping to lose weight soon - though my doctor said that this medication might make weight loss very difficult. But yeah, I would really like to have sex with my girlfriend. Is there any way I can find out her true reasons? Maybe I should be happy she is trying not to hurt my already cracked self-esteem further, but I just feel gross
Original post by Anonymous
So as the title basically. I started a new medication a few months ago and it has made me pile on the pounds. I used to be pretty average, slight beer belly but an average BMI. However, this new medication has ****ed that all up.

My girlfriend and I haven't had sex in over 6 weeks now. I'm convinced that it's because of how disgusting I look but she insists she's just tired from work (she has a busy fully time job, I'm a student). We don't have any other relationship problems but I can't understand how it can be so long and she's always "tired".

I don't know what to do. My weight seems to have finally plateaued and I go to the gym and ride an exercise bike at home so I'm hoping to lose weight soon - though my doctor said that this medication might make weight loss very difficult. But yeah, I would really like to have sex with my girlfriend. Is there any way I can find out her true reasons? Maybe I should be happy she is trying not to hurt my already cracked self-esteem further, but I just feel gross

If she's insisting it's not anything to do with your appearance, then you have to believe her. If you keep pushing her for a different answer, she might well just make one up to shut you up, probably the one she thinks you want to hear, i.e. 'you're too fat'.

Though it's good that you're going to the gym and have a home exercise bike, it is essentially impossible to lose weight through exercise alone, so if losing weight is very important to you, you do need to look at what you're eating and, probably, eat less of it. I wonder though whether it's just the weight that's the problem here?
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
If she's insisting it's not anything to do with your appearance, then you have to believe her. If you keep pushing her for a different answer, she might well just make one up to shut you up, probably the one she thinks you want to hear, i.e. 'you're too fat'.

Though it's good that you're going to the gym and have a home exercise bike, it is essentially impossible to lose weight through exercise alone, so if losing weight is very important to you, you do need to look at what you're eating and, probably, eat less of it. I wonder though whether it's just the weight that's the problem here?

What did you mean by the bit in bold?

I don't eat much at all. I have been counting calories and usually eat around 1600 a day along with the exercise as I mentioned. I'm really trying, I feel like total crap that my clothes don't fit and I feel like such a gross, disgusting, excuse for a person - I can understand why my gf doesn't want sex for that reason. :frown:
lose sum weight then blobby
u wudn't sleep with a fat girl wud you?
same applies, girls dnt like fat guys theyre just too nice to tell u the truth

Are you dumb?
He's trying but the medication (its effects) is making it difficult.

N yes I agree with the last she's too nice to tell you it's cause you've gained weight, probably because she knows it's not your fault.
Reply 4
lose sum weight then blobby
u wudn't sleep with a fat girl wud you?
same applies, girls dnt like fat guys theyre just too nice to tell u the truth

"I go to the gym and ride an exercise bike at home so I'm hoping to lose weight soon"

"I have been counting calories and usually eat around 1600 a day along with the exercise "

"my doctor said that this medication might make weight loss very difficult"

Quick Reply