Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was on a Foundation course and had to defer two of my exams so didn't sit them until earlier this month. I did get the results for the exams I sat in May and they were good (above my offer) but one of the exams I sat almost two weeks ago didn't go so well so I'm worried this will have pulled down my mark (my offer is for 70% overall).

The Foundation course is validated by Queen's University Belfast and most of the students want to go to Queen's. It seems that their marks have been prioritised so that Queen's gets their results ASAP. This means that I have still not got my final results - so my position at Bath is still not "official".

Now Bath are (understandably) getting a bit frustrated with me because I have to keep emailing them to say I still haven't got my results (I'm calling the college every day and just keep getting fobbed off). Plus I obviously can't sort out stuff like accommodation so I'm worried about that, since it looks like everyone here knows where they're going.

I am annoyed with the college because they said the results would be out the week after the exams at the latest and now it's into the second week and still nothing, and I won't hear anything until Tuesday now because of the bank holiday.

The other thing that concerns me is that if I don't meet my offer condition, Bath won't be as lenient as they otherwise might have been considering how much it looks like I've messed them around.

I've just worked so hard over the last year on this course and working full-time as well, I'm afraid it's all going to fall apart when I'm so close to what I want! Oh, and I don't have an insurance choice because after I visited Bath I didn't feel like I wanted to be anywhere else so I declined/withdrew other offers.

Sorry for the big rant, just feeling really frustrated right now!

ReputationRep:
    Whats with Queens? Are you from NI?

ReputationRep:
    Yes - the course was based at BIFHE but validated/marked by Queens.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I had no idea you could do the foundation course in NI.... thought all the foundation courses were in Bath. I dunno what you can do. I would have thought there would be a deadline when the marks would be given out. Hope you get sorted anyway. There's quite a few people from NI. Don't worry about accommodation though. There were spare rooms last year.

ReputationRep:
    i think that in case you fail to get the marks to bath phone the admissions tutor and explain that to them. tutor for computing did look quite comprehensive and even said that in case that something went wrong during examinations do not wait for the last minute to say that it didnt go so well as expected, so i suppose the other tutors may be as comprehensive as that one but.. u never know.

anyway i wish u good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Tut tut. You naughty naughty girl.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.