Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just ordered YSL Touch Eclat, and now I'm looking for a really quite pale liquid foundation that's fairly light. Does anyone have any recs? That won't cost me a small fortune like YSL has, when I'm very much use to the 3-for-2 offers on maybelline

ALSO I'm after some loose powder which is also pale, but the stuff I've found, the pots are too small for my liking. Again, any recommendations?

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    chanel teint innocence is a lovely liquid foundation but too heavy on my skin, but i have majorly sensitive skin so idk, i don't use it any more. i liked it when i did though, good coverage and it lasted all day, and i'm really pale (nc15.)

ReputationRep:
    Touch Eclat is a kick ass product. Good buy.

Clarins has some really good foundations, but they are a bit pricier.

I find that basic Sephora brand is really good as well (do you have Sephora in the UK? Maybe I'm being silly...)

ReputationRep:
    I really like Estee Lauder foundation and powder, but it is a bit pricey. L'Oreal True Match mineral powder foundation is meant to be pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    i love my MAC! go in ask for which will be most suitable for you..they quite helpful

ReputationRep:
    I use Prescriptives foundation in Real Cream (I think it's called) which is a very lovely ivory colour. I then use Chanel's loose powder (translucent) in Clair which is too, ivory based.

I'm not into that 'tanorexic' look myself lol.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I hate tanorexic crap.... bleh.

I love my pale skin.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, 'tanorexic'. There's a girl from my old school on facebook who had quite 'normal-looking' Caucasian skin before but her fake tan + dyed black hair combi makes her look a complete mess now. Don't know whether to laugh or feel sad for her...

Anyway, back on topic...try Lily Lolo foundation - it's a foundation and loose powder in one

ReputationRep:
    MAC!! Think of it like this instead of buying lots of lesser brands just buy mac it is brilliant (i dont know why i know this stuff) im not gay either. Maybe iv just spent too long talking to the ex gf lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveinelle)
    I've just ordered YSL Touch Eclat, and now I'm looking for a really quite pale liquid foundation that's fairly light. Does anyone have any recs? That won't cost me a small fortune like YSL has, when I'm very much use to the 3-for-2 offers on maybelline

ALSO I'm after some loose powder which is also pale, but the stuff I've found, the pots are too small for my liking. Again, any recommendations?

Thanks guys!
    anything from mac looks so natural

ReputationRep:
    chanel

ReputationRep:
    MAC studio tech is the best foundation I've ever bought, and I have very pale skin too. Some people could find it a tad too heavy, but it's perfect for me. Paying the extra money is totally worth it in my opinion. Once you go mac you never go back!

ReputationRep:
    well i used to use dior which was pretty good but a 22.50 a pop i decided to change to a cheapo one... and bourjois 10 hour sleep effect is THE best foundation ever. much MUCH MUCH better than dior, and only £8.95 a bottle.
    everyone should try it!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a strange question - but what is the palest foundation anyone has come across?
    I have looked everywhere and all foundations, be they ivory or porcelain or whatever, all look orange on me. I am ridiculously pale, think anaemic celtic skin, and it's so stressful not being able to wear any foundation without my neck being about five shades lighter than my face! haha. If you want to see how pale I am then have a gander at my profile, will try and whack a piccy up. Any help appreciated. (sorry to semi-hijack the thread!). xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm really pale and I use Benefit- non-fiction volume 1. However, It is still slightly too dark on me... though when it is on it blends nicely and doesn't look too bad.

ReputationRep:
    I reiterate my suggestion of Lily Lolo - I always went for the palest liquid foundations available, then I tried the palest Lily Lolo and it was actually too pale for me :eek: and I had to go for the next one up, which sounds like the palest one will be perfect for you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Try Boots No 7 Intelligent Colour Foundation (in 'light') - it'll adapt to your skin colour.

I generally have difficulties finding suitable foundations and I tried the foundation in 'medium' and initially thought it was too dark and generally nothing like my skin tone...but it actually matched it almost perfectly!

It's really light as well, so it won't looked caked on. And you only need a little bit so it'll last for ages...

Anyway, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    For powder, i love No7's loose one. I think it's £10 or £11 pound. Mine lasts me around six months, and I am very pale!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    I reiterate my suggestion of Lily Lolo - I always went for the palest liquid foundations available, then I tried the palest Lily Lolo and it was actually too pale for me :eek: and I had to go for the next one up, which sounds like the palest one will be perfect for you
    yess! this is what i use now. lily lolo 'porcelain' is SO pale, it's like white. it's lovely! a really good product, the best skin product i've used i think.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much! I can never get any recommendations from my friends because they all look like they've had two weeks in the Med all bloody year! haha. I will try the Lily Lolo. You're a star. Will work out how to rep you now. Haha. xxx

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.