The Student Room Group

Number systems-Algebra

Can anyone give me the rules of solving numbers system problems using base 2,8 and 16 complements?
For example;solve 34 - 53 by using (i) base 2 comlement (ii) base 8 comlement (iii) base 16 complement
Original post by shady2.0
Can anyone give me the rules of solving numbers system problems using base 2,8 and 16 complements?
For example;solve 34 - 53 by using (i) base 2 comlement (ii) base 8 comlement (iii) base 16 complement

I've moved this to the Maths forum as hopefully you'll get some answers here.
Original post by Smack
I've moved this to the Maths forum as hopefully you'll get some answers here.
This probably belongs in one of the computing forum. Two's complement is a computing term and I've never heard it mentioned outside of that context.
Original post by DFranklin
This probably belongs in one of the computing forum. Two's complement is a computing term and I've never heard it mentioned outside of that context.

If a Maths mod is around they can hopefully move it to a more appropriate place.

It was originally in the Engineer forum; however, if I see anything quite mathsy I tend to move it here as I think that users are generally far more likely to receive a good answer to a mathematics question here, due to the quality of mathematicians we are fortunate enough to have helping out in this section.

Quick Reply

Latest