Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi there i've got in to Lancaster and im really happy as you can imagine, but i have a small question about reading lists i'm doing ethics, philosophy and religion so i was wondering if anyone can help me out on what the heck im meant to be reading????, also another question about the time table next year this link was brought to my attention and i found it reaaally:confused: confusing so if someone could explain that id be very grateful cheers http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/studreg...imetable.htm#P

ReputationRep:
    Ok, don't worry too much about reading lists etc. You are not really expected to have done reading in advance for most subjects. If they want you to work in advance they will let you know- have you got the big *green* book of Part 1 courses yet? It will give you some guidance.
    The timetable business looks a lot more complicated than it is. What it says is that if you are doing EPR 100 you will have one lecture on Thursday at 4.00and one on Friday at 1.00. This will be the same every week until the middle of summer term (weeks 1-24 of the academic year.) For Religious Studies (RSt 100) you have one lecture on a Tuesday at 2.00. All the other courses are Part 2 and you don't need to worry about them.
    You will also have seminars (prob 1-2 per week) to add to your timetable after you register in Fresher's Week, and if you have a 2nd minor that will have to be added as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizj)
    Ok, don't worry too much about reading lists etc. You are not really expected to have done reading in advance for most subjects. If they want you to work in advance they will let you know- have you got the big *green* book of Part 1 courses yet? It will give you some guidance.
    The timetable business looks a lot more complicated than it is. What it says is that if you are doing EPR 100 you will have one lecture on Thursday at 4.00and one on Friday at 1.00. This will be the same every week until the middle of summer term (weeks 1-24 of the academic year.) For Religious Studies (RSt 100) you have one lecture on a Tuesday at 2.00. All the other courses are Part 2 and you don't need to worry about them.
    You will also have seminars (prob 1-2 per week) to add to your timetable after you register in Fresher's Week, and if you have a 2nd minor that will have to be added as well.
    Thankyou sooooo much, i was reallly confused but know i am less so, i don't have the big green book yet but i will once it arrives cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much. I don't do EPR, but I do RSt, and if there's anything you need to read,the library or a reading pack will suffice.

that, and Paul Fletcher, the guy who oversees EPR and the first year of religious studies, is a lovely chap. So if you run into any problems, then he'll happily sort you out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackpoolCraig)
    Don't worry too much. I don't do EPR, but I do RSt, and if there's anything you need to read,the library or a reading pack will suffice.

that, and Paul Fletcher, the guy who oversees EPR and the first year of religious studies, is a lovely chap. So if you run into any problems, then he'll happily sort you out!
    Thankyou thats a big help and im glad to hear hes lovely, hopefully nobody else in the department is scary :p:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the religious studies department is one big happy lovely family. You'll grow to love it!

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone- im so exited about doin religious studies at lancaster- any newbie's out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherby)
    hi everyone- im so exited about doin religious studies at lancaster- any newbie's out there?
    hiya yeah im doing ethics philosophy and religion! i can't wait either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherby)
    Yeah me also

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.