The Student Room Group

Geert Wilders - Dutch elections next year

The elections are in March next year. He is leading the polls at the moment. I don't see him being discussed as often as Le Pen et al (I guess the Netherlands isn't as relevant:tongue: )

For those who don't know, he is a right wing populist figure and here are some of his policies:

Some policies of the Party for Freedom:

Harsh punishment of violence against Jews and the LGBT community, which it claims particularly comes from the Islamic corner

Prohibition of Islamic and kosher slaughter (p. 55) (However Wilders has stated that opposition to kosher slaughter was not part of his party's agenda and that support for the ban had been withdrawn)[65]

Restrictions on immigrant labour from new EU member states and Islamic countries

Ban on Islamic "gender apartheid"

Choosing to defend the essential elements of Dutch culture: freedom of the LGBT community, as well as assured equality of men and women which Islam may challenge

Binding referendum on subjects like the EU and a multicultural society

Taxes on the Islamic headscarf and prohibition of the Koran

Binding assimilation contracts for immigrants.

Ban on headscarves in any public function.

Halt all support and "propaganda" for Palestine and Palestinians.

He is basically an anti-Islam activist and his policies are more anti-Islam than Le Pen which is quite an achievement if you look at Le Pen.

If anyone is from the Netherlands, what's the general consensus about him? He seems like a cult personality /celebrity kind of politician like Trump.

Could he really win?
(edited 7 years ago)
I hope he wins.
i thought he was on trial for something or other ?
Original post by the bear
i thought he was on trial for something or other ?

Won't matter if his party wins, they will most likely restore free speech :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending