Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

im on a search for some cheeeap GHD straigheners... ive searched on google n looked thru loads of sites but majority of the GHDs are very pricey. Can anyone suggest any good sites? Also, mini GHDs are a reasonable price but does anyone know what size they are?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where you can get them cheaply but the mini ones are like 1cm wide. The are just for styling fringes and things like that.

ReputationRep:
    GHDs are expensive because they're really good. I think you can go to certain salons and trade in your old straighteners, which they'll give you at least £20 for, for some GHDs. I can't be more helpful than that I'm afraid...

ReputationRep:
    ebay

ReputationRep:
    The sticky in F&B has a link to the hair straightener guide.

It mentions GHD's. Take a look:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=331854

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it would be a good idea to buy 'cheap' GHDs on the internet. How do you know they're safe? Anything to do with electrics is probably something you'll just have to save up to buy I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Ooo my sister has some and they do wonders for my hair. Wish I could afford my own.

try pricerunner?

ReputationRep:
    ebay i would think is your best bet for second hand ones. havent seen them go less then about £85 (brand new) for the normal salon styler (the 3.1 model)

ReputationRep:
    www.kelkoo.co.uk?

Price comparison site

ReputationRep:
    Does it have to be GHD or are you flexible?

ReputationRep:
    oOOOhh
    i just did a review on ciao
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/babyliss_pro_2...Review_5695806

I havent actually got em but anyways

apprently theyre just as good as GHD's

my review is more like, info and stuff, other reviews of ppl who have em will say how god they are, very highly rated
    babyliss230

please read my review, its only my 2nd one!!

ReputationRep:
    and rate if possible :OP
    highly if possibler

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.