Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm looking for some seatcovers that are relatively stylish but not too cras or in your face - just something to smarten up my car.

Any ideas?

Thanks

what colour is your interior now?

ReputationRep:
    I would go for pink and fuzzy. Or leopard print. If you can afford it get the seats reupholstered, as covers tend to be fairly obvious and make the car look a bit crap IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Google 'Custom Seat Covers' have a look for one specifically designed to fit your car. Because the 'one-size-fits-all' ones are gash.

ReputationRep:
    I got a £20 set of seat covers from Halfords, purely because the seats were horrid and stained when I got the car. Black synthetic with subtle red piping. Cheapest you can get.

If it's an old banger like my L-reg Clio, it'll be absolutely perfect and smarten the car up no end (from the outside too). If you've just bought a new Honda Civic or something, I think perhaps something a little more upmarket...

ReputationRep:
    My interior is all black at the minute, do this help?

ReputationRep:
    Black with red piping will work very nicely then I'll see if I can dig out a picture.

ReputationRep:
    Before seat covers: very ordinary seats, and from inside, very stained seats.

After seat covers: cleaner, smarter, 1337er.

ReputationRep:
    Were they universal-fit covers?

Do you reckon these would be okay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LUXURY-LEATHER...ayphotohosting

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/14pce-Leathe.../dp/B000GW8A5O

These infact

ReputationRep:
    They were universal fit... but the blue and black ones look great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew_2006)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/14pce-Leathe.../dp/B000GW8A5O

These infact
    Those are the same ones I wanna get for my black Clio. I'm going for a black with hints of blue interior.

ReputationRep:
    So they should fit nicely should?

Not look like a blatant seat cover job?

ReputationRep:
    A cover will always look like a cover.
    A better bet would be to find a higher specced version of the model you drive and nick the leather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    A cover will always look like a cover.
    A better bet would be to find a higher specced version of the model you drive and nick the leather.
    Just what I was going to say.

Either that or find someone good with a sewing machine and get the existing seats re-covered properly.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.