Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Did someone say natwest give us the option of £100 or the railcard? watch

ReputationRep:
    Did someone say natwest give you the option of £100 or the railcard?

ReputationRep:
    I know HSBC do a five year railcard, not sure about Natwest. Why don't you have a looky on their website?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's £55 cash or a 3 year railcard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faa)
    Did someone say natwest give you the option of £100 or the railcard?
    £55 or the railcard.

ReputationRep:
    I got my student rail card from Natwest and it epires in 2009 and i'm only doing a 3yr degree

ReputationRep:
    I got the HSBC one as it looked better than the Natwest one. I think alot of them give out the railcard. When i got my account HSBC said it was worth £90 and it lasts until 2009!

ReputationRep:
    I got the HSBC one too, £90? they only gave me £50...well it's free money so guess i shouldnt complain! natwest give £55 or the railcard but you only get the money if u apply online...oh and hsbc also offers the railcard

ReputationRep:
    i spoke to someone from barclays last night and he used to work in the student branch in leicester and he said there was no way they can check if you have more than one student account. he said as long as there isn't a silly amount of money going through it and it looks like typical student spending they won't query it, and if they did query it you can just say that you don't have student loan and you're using a current account with another bank.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funky Chic)
    I got my student rail card from Natwest and it epires in 2009 and i'm only doing a 3yr degree

thats because its a "young persons" railcard not a student one. it is valid for 5 years provided your still under 26 years old.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    thats because its a "young persons" railcard not a student one. it is valid for 5 years provided your still under 26 years old.

love Katy ***

So is the HSBC one - it's valid for 5 years (mine expires in Sep 2008), and they are now, at £20 per year worth £100.

ReputationRep:
    I want the Natwest thingy... I applied online for it a couple of weeks ago and havent heard anything. Did people apply online for that or go to the branch in person??

And also with the railcard, do you get it now, or after results have been confirmed etc??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Heather_the_nun)
    I want the Natwest thingy... I applied online for it a couple of weeks ago and havent heard anything. Did people apply online for that or go to the branch in person??

And also with the railcard, do you get it now, or after results have been confirmed etc??
    I applied online, then went into the branch today. The woman couldn't have been more awkward. She asked me at least 5 times if I have any credit cards (which I don't) and still didn't seem to believe me. I've only just turned 18 (well, in January)! She also wants to see 3 months of bank statements, which I don't have.

I think I might open an account with HSBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    I applied online, then went into the branch today. The woman couldn't have been more awkward. She asked me at least 5 times if I have any credit cards (which I don't) and still didn't seem to believe me. I've only just turned 18 (well, in January)! She also wants to see 3 months of bank statements, which I don't have.
    It might be all bacnks which are like this - I had the same problem last year with barclays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)

I think I might open an account with HSBC
    Do you think theyd accept a printout from my online banking thing for the last 3 months? Coz I dont have any statements and I could ask for one but I think itll only include the last months and will cost me £5... and they can piss off I aint wasting 5 squids!!

ReputationRep:
    With HSBC, I think it was suposed to be after results were out, but they sent me a letter saying that if I sent off a card and some photos, I could have it now. So I got it a few days ago.

I'm not sure about Natwest though.

ReputationRep:
    In my day, they only offered 4 year railcards... sob sob sob
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Do you think theyd accept a printout from my online banking thing for the last 3 months? Coz I dont have any statements and I could ask for one but I think itll only include the last months and will cost me £5... and they can piss off I aint wasting 5 squids!!
    Go in and see. I think the woman I saw was just being particularly stupid. They surely can't expect all students to have a credit card

ReputationRep:
    Natwest are offering the railcard for 5 years and they wont give you your student account until you have a confirmed place at university, so for every1 doing a-levels this wont be for another 2 weeks and a bit. I'm already with Natwest, so they have all my info, and i just need to go and see them when i have my results and confirmation of acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    If you open the account and decide to go for the cash over the railcard, when do you get the folding stuff?! In cash? Could come in useful at the mo, but not if i have to wait 6 months or something crazy! Cheers all.

ReputationRep:
    hi every1

sorry to sound so LOST>..but im an international student coming to the UK to study..
    i read the topic and i thought whats a railcard and why is everyone going crazy over it? lol....is it like for the subway? and how do we go about getting it..through which bank?? and how much does a regular price train ticket cost..weekly or whtver..
    thankss..

*caT eyez*

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.