Best Customer Service? Watch

confusedlondoner
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I was going to open up an account with Halifax because they have the highest rate of overdraft, but after reading some of the other posts, it seems that Halifax do not give you the full amount and customer service is crap.

What banks offer the best customer service in your experience? because I think I value stress free banking more than a larger overdraft.
gtfc1986
Report 11 years ago
Well i applied for a student account with the co-op and spoke to an advisor today who was excellent and very friendly. They also told me that i'd have the £1400 overdraft.
angus_mcfisher
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Smile's service is supposed to be excellent - they're a part of co-op. RBS are ok but somethings are stupid and they tend to be misleading.
nikki
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I like smile. You can send a message at any time via internet banking if you have a question and they seem to answer pretty quickly. It's all online, but you can put money in at any Post Office or branch of the Co-operative Bank (you can get money out too, but you can do that at any cash machine ).

If you want a bank with physical branches, I think it depends, everyone has different experiences. NatWest have generally been fine for me, although my local branch has some staff who don't seem to know what they're doing. HSBC have been nothing but trouble for me. On the other hand, my aunt has had nothing but trouble with NatWest, but that's probably because of our local branch.
Vikrum
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Co-Operative Bank.
I've banked with them 10 years and the service is incredible.
I now also bank with HBOS and HSBC and find the service, and phone/internet banking to be appauling in comparison!

Because the Co-Op have so few branches (you'd be lucky to find one usually) everything is done over the phone, the staff are competant and friendly and know 100% about what they're talking about. I can't rate them enough!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (32)
41.56%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (23)
29.87%
I don't have an opinion (22)
28.57%

Watched Threads