Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I received my student loan letter with my current account details on it but the first digit (zero) of my sort code has been omitted, so there are only five digits. Is this normal or have they made a mistake?

Also, I now know the account number of my student account, is there any advantage of giving them that account number instead?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I would phone them up and get it checked.

Re your student account - yeah you might as well give them the number of a proper student account, as some banks get stroppy about overdrafts and things if you don't pay the loan into their accounr, regardless of how much money you put in from other sources.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Some student accounts have in in the T&C's that you will put your student loan in there. But they won't know if you transfer money around.

Whether it will be an advantage depends on which account you'll use most, and which will be most convenient.

And my first zero is missing off my sort code too!

ReputationRep:
    my first 0 was missing, so i wrote the full sort code on the form and sent it off. thought i better change it in case!

ReputationRep:
    happened to me last year - i phoned them and they said their systems automatically remove the zero and there is nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by master_chief)
    happened to me last year - i phoned them and they said their systems automatically remove the zero and there is nothing to worry about.
    Yes the same has happened here with me.

Its better not to write in, as I did that one year and they made a typo after I sent the form back in. It works without the initial 0, and by leaving it alone you minimise the risk of any human error.

ReputationRep:
    Same happened to me last year.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.