The Student Room Group

Work experience

Hi. I'm trying to find work experience, but I'm not sure where to go exactly. Do you think going to a charity would be a good idea?
Original post by kellynicole
Hi. I'm trying to find work experience, but I'm not sure where to go exactly. Do you think going to a charity would be a good idea?

What career do you want to go into?

Do it in a charity shop tbh? Could go to a bank too? Maybe a school?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
i know but i don't know which one or how to apply
Reply 4
And I'm not that interested in going to a school because I'm not good with kids
i know but i don't know which one or how to apply

Go in a bank and ask then?
Like you are going to have to go and ask them if they offer work exp tbh:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
okay yeah thanks :h:
If i could ask, where did you go work experience or are you doing it now as well ?
okay yeah thanks :h:
If i could ask, where did you go work experience or are you doing it now as well ?

Yeahh im doing it currently in my secondary school:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
oh thats cool. Do you know where you want to go?:smile:
oh thats cool. Do you know where you want to go?:smile:

As in what career?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No like for work experience
For the charity shop it depends what charity you want to do work experience for.

For example BHS you just go in and tell them and then they'll give you an appointment where you do paper work & informal meeting.

Some other charity shop, they sent the paper work by email to me and I had to fill in and send it back then after a week or so (they were slow at replying) they replied back with a time to start and my shifts etc.
No like for work experience

Like where you should go? Pharmacy? Schools? Like ask first:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh i will have to go this weekend and ask because i have to get something quick before its too late. Oh and you know for the charity i don't get it, does it mean your not in the actual charity. However charity will be my plan b, as i would prefer to go to a pharmacy because i think its more efficient. Right??
:smile:
yh i will have to go this weekend and ask because i have to get something quick before its too late. Oh and you know for the charity i don't get it, does it mean your not in the actual charity. However charity will be my plan b, as i would prefer to go to a pharmacy because i think its more efficient. Right??
:smile:

Yeah go to a pharmacy as it is efficient :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:u:yep
hey! bit of advice, start looking asap - because big companies will probably already have students already as some places and only accept a limited number due to insurance / policies etc. especially depending on your age unfortunately
I would suggest actually going to the company your're interested in directly or telephone because then you can get an initial response instead of hanging around waiting for a reply via email or letter
just say something like "can I please talk / enquire to someonebody about work experience please" you could take your contact info / and the dates you need for the work experience/ or a cv and cover letter if you want
good luck

Quick Reply

Latest