The Student Room Group

alevel biology revision buddy

hey im doing a2 aqa biology and was wondering if anyone would want to revise it together?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by ag_2016
hey im doing a2 aqa biology and was wondering if anyone would want to revise it together?

me!!!
Original post by ag_2016

What exam board? :biggrin:
ME!!!!!!
But I do WJEC ... topics overlap I guess
Original post by hxrl3yB00
ME!!!!!!
But I do WJEC ... topics overlap I guess

Isnt WJEC like the same as Eduqas?
Original post by Hackerman
Isnt WJEC like the same as Eduqas?

It is Eduqas but not a lot of people understand that... it's a miracle anyone has even heard of WJEC.
It is Eduqas but not a lot of people understand that... it's a miracle anyone has even heard of WJEC.

Yeah I thought so. Last year we were told its WJEC but English lol.
Yeah I thought so. Last year we were told its WJEC but English lol.

WJEC is in both English and Welsh anyway. Eduqas is specifically for the new spec.
WJEC is in both English and Welsh anyway. Eduqas is specifically for the new spec.

So how you finding it anyway?
So how you finding it anyway?

I hate it. It lacks human biology which is a concern as I've applied for Medicine. it's more like a bloody Ecology A level rather than biology. The way they want you to answer things is really weird too. I wish I was doing OCR :frown:
I hate it. It lacks human biology which is a concern as I've applied for Medicine. it's more like a bloody Ecology A level rather than biology. The way they want you to answer things is really weird too. I wish I was doing OCR :frown:

Yeah I see what you mean, I find it much easier to learn stuff when its related to human biology because its to do with us and our health if ygm?
Yeah I see what you mean, I find it much easier to learn stuff when its related to human biology because its to do with us and our health if ygm?

It's not even that... I find human biology more interesting... Disease, immunology, all that jazz (would be a worry if I didn't xD ) and I find environmental stuff (like planetary boundaries) interesting too (had an existential crisis in one biology lesson!) but it's all the animal rubbish they include which most other exam boards don't. I really couldn't care less about cow ruminants... and there's such a huge emphasis on it.
It's not even that... I find human biology more interesting... Disease, immunology, all that jazz (would be a worry if I didn't xD ) and I find environmental stuff (like planetary boundaries) interesting too (had an existential crisis in one biology lesson!) but it's all the animal rubbish they include which most other exam boards don't. I really couldn't care less about cow ruminants... and there's such a huge emphasis on it.

Yeah thats what I mean, I find it more interesting = easier to learn. What happened in this existential crisis in one biology eh? :biggrin:

But hey-ho. As long as you're going well I guess? How've you been doing?
Yeah thats what I mean, I find it more interesting = easier to learn. What happened in this existential crisis in one biology eh? :biggrin:

But hey-ho. As long as you're going well I guess? How've you been doing?

You've heard about holocene extinction right? We were having a really deep conversation in biology about it (well, me and the teacher were... everyone else was complaining about learning about that stuff) and it just got to me.... so much!

Do you mean in general or in biology? If in biology, absolutely pants, I'm scared I won't get the grade in the end ... we're all getting Us! How about you?
You've heard about holocene extinction right? We were having a really deep conversation in biology about it (well, me and the teacher were... everyone else was complaining about learning about that stuff) and it just got to me.... so much!

Do you mean in general or in biology? If in biology, absolutely pants, I'm scared I won't get the grade in the end ... we're all getting Us! How about you?

I've gotta say, this year is going MUCH better than last year.

First 2 tests of last year: Ds
After resitting: Cs

First 2 tests of this year: As

No idea how or why but it seems to be going well :biggrin: What grade do you want and what are you applying for uni?
I've gotta say, this year is going MUCH better than last year.

First 2 tests of last year: Ds
After resitting: Cs

First 2 tests of this year: As

No idea how or why but it seems to be going well :biggrin: What grade do you want and what are you applying for uni?

Haha, share your wisdom!
I need AAA as I'm applying for Medicine (first choice is BSMS)
Haha, share your wisdom!
I need AAA as I'm applying for Medicine (first choice is BSMS)

Oh right, good luck! What did you get in AS?

I completely agree.
Yep I'm doing Ccea though but still should be similar.

Quick Reply

Latest