The Student Room Group

Moving College

Im currently attending Edinburgh College doing music, but I'm having a massive issue with the teaching and the other students in my class. I travel an hour and a half to college everyday and in the past week i have turned up to college to get told i can go home or that the lesson is cancelled. I would have less of a problem if i was sent an email at the start of the day explaining that the lesson was cancelled. Lessons have also been cut up to 1 and a half hours shorter than they are supposed to me, making me feel as if the teacher don't really care too much. Im wondering if anyone knows if could move to newcastle college to do a similar course,or if its too late?
Reply 1
Original post by Ewan Lee
Im currently attending Edinburgh College doing music, but I'm having a massive issue with the teaching and the other students in my class. I travel an hour and a half to college everyday and in the past week i have turned up to college to get told i can go home or that the lesson is cancelled. I would have less of a problem if i was sent an email at the start of the day explaining that the lesson was cancelled. Lessons have also been cut up to 1 and a half hours shorter than they are supposed to me, making me feel as if the teacher don't really care too much. Im wondering if anyone knows if could move to newcastle college to do a similar course,or if its too late?

You would need to contact the new college, because it depends if they have spaces and accept transfers.
Have you taken your concerns to the higher-ups? If you feel your course isn't being taught properly you should report that. It might be more beneficial to see if improvements can be made before dealing with the hassle of moving elsewhere.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
You would need to contact the new college, because it depends if they have spaces and accept transfers.

Thanks for the reply, I've been on the phone to multiple colleges and I've sorted out a meeting next Tuesday to discuss the possibility of moving.
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
Have you taken your concerns to the higher-ups? If you feel your course isn't being taught properly you should report that. It might be more beneficial to see if improvements can be made before dealing with the hassle of moving elsewhere.
I'm meeting with my head of year next Wednesday to report all of these issues, and I've organised a meeting with another college to see what I've i can sort out.

Quick Reply

Latest