The Student Room Group

Why are people on here so racist and predjudiced?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coutinho_10
Oh, so the truth is that there is a lot of racists and predjudiced people on here? All you had to do was say 😄

don't even bother to continue posting thanks
And I acc don't have many black friends

Spoiler

Original post by Waifuism
don't even bother to continue posting thanks

So you came on my post, to tell me to stop posting? Your logic is questionable
Original post by 0to100
It' #ChaosKass, a recently banned super troll but she was known for being hilariously miserable :toofunny:

What? Just answer the question?
Is it racist?
Yes or no?

I'll help you.

It isn't racist to me at all, but I bet it is to you. So if it is to you, why would you assume something about me?

Is assuming I am racist because I am white not hypocritical to your VERY thread?

Who assumed you are racist? Have you answered the question to my thread yet?
Original post by Aladdinsaaane
No, that was in relation to my original reply to the question in OP:

Spoiler

(Advice: if you ever have to take some sort of Reading skills / Language test where you have to put paragraphs in order, tell them you need extra time to be able to understand these sorts of things in advance, that way you might not fail the test.)

I have never failed a test in my life but thank you for the concern, it is appreciated. Have you come up with an answer to my thread title yet?
Pfft I find it very hard to believe you have never seen anything racist on here. A lot of it gets reported and removed quickly, but even so such posts happen on a regular basis.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
Pffy I find it very hard to believe you ahve never seen anything racist on here. A lot of it gets reported and removed quickly, but even so threads happen ona regular basis.

👏🏾👏🏾
I get the strange feeling you define criticising Muslims as racist.
GUYS STOp WASTING ALL THESE WORDS AND COME WRITE UP MY HOMEWORK!?!¬?!
Original post by MagnifiWilly
I get the strange feeling you define criticising Muslims as racist.

Your strange feeling is wrong.
Your strange feeling is wrong.

Okay then. What are some of the genuinely racist things you've seen? Actual, solid examples here.
I've not actually seen any real examples of racism around TSR
Yes, I have seen quite a lot of racist remarks and insults especially towards brown/black/Asian/African people. Some comments being "criticism" regarding race, background and faith.
Okay then. What are some of the genuinely racist things you've seen? Actual, solid examples here.

Youve only been here since November. Most overtly racist threads are removed. More come out at night when the mods are away..

Scroll up and refer to '999tigger's comment.
Have you come up with an answer to my thread title yet?

Spoiler

Scroll up and refer to '999tigger's comment.

Original post by 999tigger
Youve only been here since November. Most overtly racist threads are removed. More come out at night when the mods are away..

"Been here"
"Been signed up"

So, overnight some people come on, shitpost some overtly racist threads, they get deleted, world moves on.
Sorry, that's the same as most forums if I'm totally honest. Could be that Student's are often overtly left leaning and sensitive and this sort of thing is designed specifically to troll them?
I dunno.
Original post by Aladdinsaaane

Spoiler

You're a good troll. I'll give you that 😄
Reply 37
Why is that that minority groups e.g black people, Muslims etc on here are spoken about so negatively all the time? Why do certain demographics feel the need?

I think there's quite a lot of smart people on here that are quite young and have a high opinion of themselves but are also quite introverted so don't have good social skills and therefore come across as very arrogant and uncaring. So they are opinionated and are less likely to criticise their own ideas. Plus it's the internet and for some reason people think it's ok to treat others badly online. The automatic reaction to disagreeing with someone is being unpleasant and offensive to try and make themselves feel important.

I don't think they are racist and prejudiced (though there are a few of course) I just think they lack empathy.
(edited 7 years ago)
"Been here"
"Been signed up"

So, overnight some people come on, shitpost some overtly racist threads, they get deleted, world moves on.
Sorry, that's the same as most forums if I'm totally honest. Could be that Student's are often overtly left leaning and sensitive and this sort of thing is designed specifically to troll them?
I dunno.

I am well aware of what racism is whether it is overt or otherwise. As it says your account only dates from November, so have you been banned?

Racism is racism, feel free to make excuses for it though. I like your excuse theory, that makes it all ok then.... really.
Original post by Moura
I think there's quite a lot of smart people on here that are quite young and have a high opinion of themselves but are also quite introverted so don't have good social skills and therefore come across as very arrogant and uncaring. So they are opinionated and are less likely to criticise their own ideas. Plus it's the internet and for some reason people think it's ok to treat others badly online. The automatic reaction to disagreeing with someone is being unpleasant and offensive to try and make themselves feel important.

I don't think they are racist and prejudiced (though there are a few of course) I just think they lack empathy.

If it's of any consolation, I'm just as nasty in real life, would definitely be in the 'mature student' range, but I'm more than happy to have holes poked in my logic. It's how we learn.
Oh and introverted, come on now. I prefer the term 'misanthropic'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending