The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2017 Social Work applicants.

Hello! I'm starting Winchester uni September 2017 studying social work, was just wondering if anyone else is also starting then on the same course? Or how people who started in 2016 have found it? What the accomadation is like etc?( Can't find much online about it lol)

If so, leave a message! :-)
Original post by Shannan193
Hello! I'm starting Winchester uni September 2017 studying social work, was just wondering if anyone else is also starting then on the same course? Or how people who started in 2016 have found it? What the accomadation is like etc?( Can't find much online about it lol)

If so, leave a message! :-)

Me!!! Were you at the interview day on the 14th? I know a couple of people from that day that got an offer. I'm living at home with my husband so can't offer any accommodation advice unfortunately

Kim

Posted from TSR Mobile
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Hi Kim! No I wasn't at the interview this year, I'm a deferred student from last year so I didn't need to the interview again this year. We're there many at the interviews this year? Oh do you, I don't know any one who's going to be on the course this year lol!
Ah ok. I reckon there were about 30/40 people in mine and some others from my access course had an interview on 12th Jan and said there were around 20.
I'll actually know a fair few people going now as most of my course have Winchester as their first choice and have had offers.
I'm so excited to start. I'm on a couple of social work groups on Facebook and a bunch of people have just started placements. I literally can't wait! I'm so impatient haha.
Where are you from? Are you moving to Winchester for uni?

Kim
Reply 4
Oh really, that's nice that your going to have a few friendly faces when you start in September. Where did you do your access course? Haha same here! Just want to start now! Especially after having to defer for a year too lol. I'm from Basingstoke, but moved to bracknell two years ago- done my access course there and hopefully I'll be moving to Winchester when the course starts. So yeah the plan is to move to Winchester for uni, plus it's closer to Basingstoke for family as I have a young daughter. Where are you from?
I'm doing my access course in Andover, which is where I'm from.
I'll be staying in Andover and commuting. I have a young son so gonna keep him at the same childminders.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending