The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. III

Scroll to see replies

Das Boot (The Boat) - 9/10

A damn long film, but it is so thrilling and dramatic that I almost forgot the time. Three and a half hour went by in a rush and the twist... worth to see in any case. and it feels so real, as if the spectator is inside the submarine. The best Nazi film made in Germany ever!
Original post by Kallisto
Das Boot (The Boat) - 9/10

A damn long film, but it is so thrilling and dramatic that I almost forgot the time. Three and a half hour went by in a rush and the twist... worth to see in any case. and it feels so real, as if the spectator is inside the submarine. The best Nazi film made in Germany ever!

I'd strongly recommend following that up with another good war film about a turbulent submarine crew, Crimson Tide (1995).
The Great Gatsby (1974) - 9/10

This adaption from the seventies with Mia Farrow and Robert Redford is as good as the one from 2013, possibly even a bit better.
The Wife - 8/10

An entertaining film about a dysfunctional marriage and family and a desperate author well played by Glenn Close.
The Big Short (watched on Saturday) - 9/10

A good film about the people who bet against the banks and the property market in the run-up to the financial crash.
Original post by CatusStarbright
The Big Short (watched on Saturday) - 9/10

A good film about the people who bet against the banks and the property market in the run-up to the financial crash.

The film based on the Lehman brothers crisis. Yeah, I watched that film long time ago. Entertaining and informative, so a good one.
Expend4bles - 4/10
I'm generally quite easily pleased by big Hollywood blockbusters, but this was pretty bad. The acting, the script... the casting. Generally, not good. It is only about 1hr 45 mins though, which is good...
Killers of The Flower Moon - 9.5/10

A visual stunning and thrilling master piece by the director Scorsese! this true crime about the murders of the Osage is so tremendous and although it is three and a half minutes long, it never got boring or too long in my opinion. I don't regret my visit to the movies. A film made for the cinema!
Swimming With Sharks - 8/10

Decent film with funny and amusing moments and a great acting by Kevin Spacey as the aggressive and bullying superior Buddy Ackerman.
(edited 6 months ago)
has anyone watched the school for good and evil i really enjoyed it was the last movie i have watched
Original post by ebyrne2036
has anyone watched the school for good and evil i really enjoyed it was the last movie i have watched

My parents watched it with my brother and really liked it too - I think I'll give it a go sometime soon!
The Matrix (1999) overall was fantastic :thumbsup: watched it for the first time yesterday :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Blow Out - 8/10
Fatman - 5/10
Homicide - 7/10
Ringu - 7/10
Poltergeist remake - 2/10
Year of the Dragon - 7.5
Zodiac 2007
parts were fascinating but the two leads were cringey and unlikeable (the reporter and the san Francisco herald cartoonist)
Reply 2574
Original post by Chronoscope
The Matrix (1999) overall was fantastic :thumbsup: watched it for the first time yesterday :smile:

Good lord I feel old
Cast Away - 8/10

Hank's solo acting was amazing. Would not have thought that a film about a survival on a lone island can be so entertaining.
Driven - 5/10
Ms .45 - 7/10
Black Moon Rising - 6/10
The Purple Rose of Cairo - 9/10
Original post by noggins
(...)
The Purple Rose of Cairo - 9/10

This film sounds interesting and got your best rating. Is it an old one and what is so good that it is worth to watch?
Miracle on 34th Street 6.5/10
Original post by Kallisto
This film sounds interesting and got your best rating. Is it an old one and what is so good that it is worth to watch?

Yeah, golden oldie from 1985. Well written & fully engaging plot from start to end. One of those Woody Allen films where he, unusually, never makes an appearance. Last Action Hero is possibly its closest comparison. Minus the magic ticket, dutch accents, recurring shootouts & chase sequences, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending