The Student Room Group

Change from EU Student to EU Migrant Worker

Hello,

I am a full-time university student and I am currently attending my first academic year.
I received a Tuition Fees loan via the EU Student Team.
Since I work over the weekends but my income isn't enough to cover all the expenses, I would like to apply for a maintenance loan.

Would I need to apply again for the tuition fees via the Migrant Worker Team?
Within the form that I am supposed to complete, should I leave the fields related to the Tuition Fees blank?

I have been living in the UK since 2014, but I understand that to apply for a maintenance loan keeping my EU student status I should have been living here for 3 years previous the start of the academic year, is this correct?

Many Thanks!
Hi, we understand that you are looking to apply for support as a migrant worker for 2016/2017 however we would require you to provide evidence that you were employed prior to the start of your studies, as well as meeting other criteria that is set to students to be eligible for this type of funding. If you have commenced work after starting your course you can still provide evidence but this will be assessed depending on your employment circumstances. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest