Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A couple of days ago my iPod froze while i was listening to some music. I tried resetting the iPod several times but the Ipod still failed to respond. In the end I thought the best way to deal with the problem would be to leave the ipod frozen until it unfreezes and the battery runs out. I then tried the next day to see if my ipod would turn on and it didn't. I expected this to happen as the battery would have gone dead but there was no sign of the battery telling me It needed charging. I got the apple sign come up and this is when I thought I had luck but that slowly faded away. I tried charging it on the computer for at least half an hour and I still got no response from the iPod. I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem and knows of a way I can resolve it?

I've even tried some of the basic ways of getting it to unfreeze on the iPod website.. but none of these have been successful.

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    My ipod froze when i was on holiday on one particular screen that I had never seen before.

i left it to run out of battery and then plugged it into wall to charge and the computer and worked after that.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't actually buy it from a shop. I bought it from play.com online. But i've had it for well over a year now. I think I will have to get it repaired somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I hope I can get it sorted. Hopefully there will be a way of resolving the problem myself but there isn't much hope at the moment. So my best bet would be to take it in for repairs.

ReputationRep:
    My friend was telling me that ipods are only expected to last a year - dont know if this is true but apparently many people's ipods break down after a year because this is all they were 'built for' and capable of.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend has got that wrong because I always use to think the same before I found out the actual truth. Apparently the battery of an iPod is only expected to last a year and sometimes will need replacing after a year. But I have a friend who has exactly the same ipod as me and hers has lasted well over a year now and I think she uses it more than me.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.