The Student Room Group

Is anyone/has anyone studied the Psychology (Conversion) MSc at UEL?

Hello. I'm an English teacher that's been qualified for five years and considering a career change. I am interested in taking a psychology conversion with a view to trying (key word - it's very competitive!) to become an educational psychologist. I have applied for some conversion courses and I'm waiting for responses from some. I have been offered a place at University of East London (UEL) to begin the conversion in September 2017. I was wondering if anyone has taken this course? The course is BPS accredited which is what is most important for me. The fact that they have condensed the full-time course into just one day a week will also mean that I can do casual supply work at certain points during the course to fund myself. Plus, I really want to be based in London. However, I'm slightly concerned about the condensed nature of the course being particularly difficult, as well as the lack of options with modules. I'd be really interested to know the drop out rate but I have no idea how to find out this information.

Anyone who has studied the course in the past few years, I would love to hear from you!
Reply 1
Hi there was wondering how you got on with the course and afterwards. Exactly your position, a teacher wanting a change and wanting to pursue psychology at UEL. Hope you’ve got on well!
Original post by Shawkins
Hi there was wondering how you got on with the course and afterwards. Exactly your position, a teacher wanting a change and wanting to pursue psychology at UEL. Hope you’ve got on well!

Hey, I’ve applied to Univ of Nottingham, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Bristol and Essex for MSc Psychology Conversion! Received offers from- Nottingham, Edinburgh and Essex. Waiting to hear from other two- St Andrews and Bristol.

At the moment my best bet seems to be Nottingham since clinical Psych is not a priority hence not choosing Edinburgh Mental Health Conversion. Any inputs on Psychology Department at Univ of Nottingham?

Welcome to suggestions! Good luck to you

Quick Reply

Latest