missimoody
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

So most of my teachers are trying to encourage me and my class to use 'real' mind maps to revise with and they are apparently brilliant. I was wondering about others' opinions on this, as I personally find them time-consuming and I would rather make notes/do model answers to questions as I just feel they take too long to make, especially for as exams. I just can't understand how I am expected to have the time to make them all, along with using a revision technique I personally don't like, and making it with only 'one word' per 'branch' means you can't get a huge level of detail down.

Any thoughts or opinions would be very appreciated, thanks!!
jessyjellytot14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't really like mind-maps either! I find them more useful for remembering key information rather than including lots of detail which doesn't fit on the page.
Nadile
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I never liked them either. Just do whatever works for you.
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i personally recommend the imaginary and complex mind maps....

anyone get that joke? probs not.

but i dont find them useful, i only take sciences and maths but i just look at a revision guided and answer past paper questions
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do what works for you. I did essay subjects and found mindmaps very helpful as I basically did them instead of writing a whole essay, I just did the plan so I could reproduce and flesh it out in the exam. I also used to grab a cubicle in the library during revision time and blutack mindmaps up around me so I was always looking at them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (62)
17.32%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (100)
27.93%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (137)
38.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.07%

Watched Threads