The Student Room Group

Want to quit BTEC to do A-Levels

So my life ambition is to become an airline Pilot so when I'm 18 I wanted to go to flight school at places like CTC or FTA Global and Bucks Unit where you need 2 A Levels or equivalent after asking fair few pilots. But I'm 3 months into my BTEC in Games Design which I thought this is what I want to do as something else to fall back on if I failed to get into a place at uni, but after some thinking with other problems as such as
1. Don't like traveling to Birmingham and being back for 5pm as then I have to do homework till late because I have no free periods.
2. Balancing coursework from a BTEC with exams with an A Level with exams.
3. Its not making me feel happy about the course I'm on, I could stand my GCSE's in some lessons like maths, physics but couldnt do physics because i got C in double Science.

So I'm thinking about changing to A-Levels in Maths, Computer Science and Another one as I think I would enjoy them more and enjoy doing the work which would give me a good balance but don't how to quit my current BTEC or even where to go to do the A-Levels.

Any help is appreciated thanks.
You'd need to speak to your current college to see if they could cater for you. If not, you'd need to look for another sixth form college or FE college which would accept you onto an A level course. Be aware, though, that A levels in Maths, Computer Science and another is a big step up from a BTEC in Games Design, and you'd have to convince any sixth form college that you were capable of working at that level.

If my post has helped you, please rate it! Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest