Turn on thread page Beta

i'm SO scared....whats happening... watch

ReputationRep:
    SO. i missed my offer at kings. the offer was 38 IB pts, i missed it by 3 pts and i'm appealing to the IBO board about it and also Kings. But I received this letter from SOAS saying "Congratulations on your offer of a place to SOAS" (Btw, SOAS is my insurance), and then it goes on about some international students orientation that is taking place sometime, somewhere. So whats happening? Did Kings release me to SOAS? I'm desperately trying to get into Kings because I know I deserve better ARGH I just needed to vent.

ReputationRep:
    well, under SOAS it now says unconditional offer and under kings, it says conditional offer

ReputationRep:
    you have until august 31 to satisfy your offer conditions (at least home students do, could be different for international..), but as far as i'm aware, if you manage to get your required 38 points before then, kings are bound to take you.. good luck!

(Original post by gangrene)
    SO. i missed my offer at kings. the offer was 38 IB pts, i missed it by 3 pts and i'm appealing to the IBO board about it and also Kings. But I received this letter from SOAS saying "Congratulations on your offer of a place to SOAS" (Btw, SOAS is my insurance), and then it goes on about some international students orientation that is taking place sometime, somewhere. So whats happening? Did Kings release me to SOAS? I'm desperately trying to get into Kings because I know I deserve better ARGH I just needed to vent.
    Remind KCL that you will be paying fees at the international rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Yes, that (according to several articles) does make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Lol that should work! Also I think you'll be ok actually, because the War Studies course is probably not very over-subscribed.

ReputationRep:
    Ucas put up whether uve got ur offer on results day, so u can actually go on there before u get ur results which I find very handy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydiamonds)
    Ucas put up whether uve got ur offer on results day, so u can actually go on there before u get ur results which I find very handy!
    UCAS tracker was closed on Results Day last year so, unless they change it this year, you're unlikely to be able to get your results before they're released by your school/college.

ReputationRep:
    I heard it was from 8am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    It's only due to appear at 11AM on results day morning - so unless your school is very late giving out results you should already know them.
    Evidently they have changed it then! :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.