The Student Room Group

Motivate me to get serious about studying/a levels

I'm one of those guys that doesn't really care what happens. I know I should revise but I'm also lazy as hell. I'd also rather focus on other things I enjoy than study. I have exams tomorrow and I actually feel some stress today. Obviously I'm going to fail these exams and my parents will get annoyed but dont really care. However I want to have a good reason to get serious about this stuff for the future. I've given up on my exams tomorrow but I have mocks in January.

What would you say to me to make me get my **** together? Weird question but I guess you could think of it as a little challenge from me. If you motivate me then you win! Yaaay.
Start thinking about university. Look online at courses, pick your dream course and uni and use it to motivate you. For example, if you have high entry requirements then that should motivate you to try hard. Just know you can't do well in a levels by 'winging it'. It may have worked at gcse but it certainly won't now.
Also, start doing it for yourself. Realise that you are blessed to have this free education, and that you're not making the most of it. Start putting the effort in to benefit you. Realise that you're wasting a beautiful opportunity.
Reply 2
Original post by Joseph72602
I'm one of those guys that doesn't really care what happens. I know I should revise but I'm also lazy as hell. I'd also rather focus on other things I enjoy than study. I have exams tomorrow and I actually feel some stress today. Obviously I'm going to fail these exams and my parents will get annoyed but dont really care. However I want to have a good reason to get serious about this stuff for the future. I've given up on my exams tomorrow but I have mocks in January.

What would you say to me to make me get my **** together? Weird question but I guess you could think of it as a little challenge from me. If you motivate me then you win! Yaaay.

You're at A-levels; I'm also assuming you're in upper sixth.

You're 18 or nearly 18, get your priorties right. You're not a little kid anymore...

Quick Reply

Latest