Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, thanks a lot for opening the thread.

I would like to know which universites I can go to with my AS results. (Edexcel)

I got, ABCC.

A- for Economics
    B-for Accounting
    C- for Business Studies and Maths.

I am positive I can get an A for AS math if I re-sit in January, as I did well for C1 and C2 but messed up S1.

Though how do I apply then? Can I apply after my Jan re-sits? Wont that be to late (As results are out in mid-march). Or a friend of mine was saying that I can apply before that and put the results as pending. How does that work, I sort off dont understand that.

I am hoping to do Management. Is there any chance I can get into the top unis (lse,warwick.bath,ucl or kcl). I am also an International Student.

Replies will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rahim

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to apply in January or so, or earlier, and put pending for your results.

I'm not too sure about management courses, but you'd certainly have a chance with top unis like Warwick. However, I think your chances would be much better if you could get that Accounting A level up to an A, too. And Business studies up to a B, as Cs look a bit bad, you know.

But yeah, go for it.

(Oh, just noticed LSE - not sure about that though. Might be a bit too competitive.)

ReputationRep:
    hmmm those are some good unis will be really hard for you to get in and especially if you can't get a good set of predictions for your grades but you will have to get those grades up a lot higher than what you are sitting on now.

ReputationRep:
    Your subjects might be a problem with LSE because you're doing both Business Studies and Accounting (both on the black list).

ReputationRep:
    The deadline is 15th January, so you won't have your resit results when you apply. If you decline your grades, you can put them as pending on your UCAS forms so unis won't see them. To be honest, those unis seem a little out of reach with ABCC and 2 blacklisted subjects, but if you decline your grades and get good predictions, you'd probably have a reasonable chance with most of them, as long as your personal statement and reference are good.

ReputationRep:
    I took 4 subjects the same as you , guy but I got the difference grades which were AABC with maths , accounting business and economics respectively .
    I am not really sure whether i should decline all subjects or just ones i got b and c . My school did not cash in our subjects .
    Which exams board did you do for economics ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyz123)
    I am not really sure whether i should decline all subjects or just ones i got b and c . My school did not cash in our subjects
    If your grades aren't cashed in, you don't need to decline them.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies. My board was Edexcel for all my subjects

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies. My board was Edexcel for all my subjects

Any other suggestions?

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.